36th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge. The theme is ~#~ "Wanderlust" ~#~

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited June 2019 in Bryce Discussion

36th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge                       

Now Sponsored by Daz 3D                                                     

Theme for this challenge is   ~#~ Wanderlust~#~                      

*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*

Wanderlust seemed to me to be a good theme for the time of year when many people are thinking of taking a break from work and having a holiday

I am sure that you all can think of some different and unusual ways of expressing the desire to travel
Do you get itchy feet,  do you have a dreamy desire to go wandering round new places, seeing different vistas, meeting new people, taking a change in direction just for the hell of it?

Your imagination is the only limit

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.

Rules

• 

All renders must be new renders.
  • 

You can enter up to 3 renders.
  • 

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS
  • 

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.
  • 

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.
  • 

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
  •  

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

Challenge ends July 31st 2019:- Midnight DAZ 3D time

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist place $30     2nd place $20     3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Sounds like a potentially interesting topic.

You might like to change the thread subject line though... (miscount)?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    MelanieL said:

Sounds like a potentially interesting topic.

You might like to change the thread subject line though... (miscount)?

copy and pasted,  forgot to edit.   Good catch,  thanks.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

wunderlust ? :)

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

_ could be Alright ,, then_``~...

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Tim82 said:

wunderlust ? :)

My Google translator also overcame this with difficulty.

Wanderlust:
    thirst for wanderings
    passion for travel

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Slepalex - Wanderlust is actually a German word but it is also used in English.
    wandern: to hike, to wander, to roam, to walk); lust: desire, delight (not the English lust, which means greed).

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2019

Cheers, Horo, on the 'Wanderlust' explanation...I had always asociated it with (on just hearing it in general conversation) to 'hopes imagiined', but with caution as to expectations. I recently came across the ridiculously-lenghted word of 'floccinaucinihilipilification' (estimating something as worthless), so it might, in-a-ways, be appropriate to the challenged theme smiley

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • @Jamahoney: I love your ridicolous long word even if I would never ever be able to repeat it at least not by heart :-)

way back, when I was in school we were always trying to find ways of using the word "Antidisestablishmentarianism" in a sentence,   just because.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Ha, ha, thanks for all the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious words! When Tim said 'Wunderlust', I immediately started thinking of possibilities for scenes that fit 'Winderlost' or 'Wonderlast'. I think I might go that way. That is: if I start at all; I always doubt whether to create anything, because it usually takes some time for me to think of some ideas.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Horo said:

Slepalex - Wanderlust is actually a German word but it is also used in English.
    wandern: to hike, to wander, to roam, to walk); lust: desire, delight (not the English lust, which means greed).

I suspected this from the very beginning, since I was learning German at school. However, I could not connect two words (Wand and lustig) that I knew. smiley

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

I didn't know that this german word is using in English too....

looking forward what you all are doing with this theme smiley

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Lovely theme - looking forward to the entries

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

Wanderlust? I also did not know that this word is used in English.
    Since I like to outdoor but myself and then I was the first entry just a hiker with a backpack.

Title: Hiking Trip

Hiking Trip.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ drachenlords: nice view. Reminds me of the Lorelei.

drachenlords - very well done scene, very detailed and good use of DOF - just a tiny bit for the distance and the wanderer well focused.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Drachenlords - superb scene, well done.

@drachenlords, very nice render :) ....we have similar ideas, my first entry is along the same line :D

drachenlords - great start for the contest!  Those ruins and the hills do give it a Rhineland vibe.

Entry: 1, Eploring_The_Countryside

Eploring_The_Countryside.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 561K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Super, Drachenlords...I can feel the hiker's freedom.

Tim, very nice.

Jay

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ Tim82: well composed. Makes one wonder what's beyond that hill. Looks very dark on my screeen.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

@ Henryhor: Thank you.
    @ Horo: Thank you.
    @ Mermaid: Thank you.
    @ Tim82: Our ideas are similar, right. But your work has the nicer light. These reflections in the grass are fantastic. Very good work.
    @ MelanieL: Thank you.

Tim82 - yes, it looks rather dark on mine too, but looked at full-size it's a pretty impressive landscape and the non-human (Mr Fox?) walker is a clever idea.

Tim - very nice. Is that a wolf or dog hiking? Difficult to see, it's a bit dark but the lighting as such is superb.

Tim  is that black cloud going to turn into a dragon or a Roc?

@MelanieL and @Horo,  it's a rabbit :D....@Chohole, hahaha, it dose look like a dragon :D ...thankyou for the nice comments :)

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Drachenlords: beautiful Scene. I like it.

Tim: Wow - nice perspective, and beautiful light.

Here is my first entry: Friends on Tour.

Friends on tour.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 104K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Drachenlords, Tim, Yellow Pen: Three wonderful entries. It looks like a knapsack is required in this render wink And proficiency with flora is helpful too. Makes me think of something quite different. Maybe try to create something contrasting.

I do agree with earlier comments on the darkness of the render by Tim. My recommendation is to give it a little more light.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Some adventures don't turn out as you expected

Entry #1   The Hunter and The Hunted.

HunterandHunted.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 2M