A Question about the DAZ3d version of VUE

eponicaeponica Posts: 197

I recently purchased the VUE11 FRONTIER available at DAZ and I love it. My question pertains to the various add-ons for it now on sale here. Will they in fact work with it? Because a LOT of items won't, the program gives me an error saying it will only import items locked to my license.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What items exactly don't work, and can you please give a link to the store here.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Vue 11 is sold by DAZ3D, but it is not a Daz 3D version per se, it is sold here as a 3rd party software by a reseller.

I believe you need to purchase additional modules in order to do some things with it.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited November 2013

Try exporting props and figures as .dae (collada format). Also I tjink you may be entitled to a free upgrade to Frontier 2014 if you become a Cornucopia 3d CClub Member. Vue 2014 Artist editions were released yesterday. :)

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • eponicaeponica Posts: 197
    edited December 1969

That's interesting about the Frontier 2014 upgrade. I have been planning on joining the C club ^_^

I think my question was not worded quite right. Since buying Frontier 11, I have located many nice items on other websites made specifically for VUE. But without fail, if I get any items from any site other than the Cornucopia site, even though they are made for VUE, my VUE will not open them, but admonishes me that it will only open items locked to my license. These un-openable items have all been freebies from Renderosity, etc.

So, I am wondering if the DAZ items for VUE will 'lock to my license' so I can use them, since they are not being sold from the Cornucopia site.

I think the VUE folks want me to spring for their import/export module... ^_^

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

I would suggest you go on the vue forum on rendo and ask this question. More people will ave Frontier and should be able to tell you.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I've found even with purchased items for Vue, nothing will work unless one has bought the item from the company that made Vue. The abilities to export and use 3rd party items are only possible IF one buys their Pro and/or a whole bunch of add-on packages. Somebody else did the math sometime back and figured Vue costs about $8-900 for a decent working package.

The company has a way to "lock" each and every purchase to the one program on the one computer. And most of the little icons in the program one will find link to their website for one to purchase. They did not come with the program. A very few do.

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

I can only speak for the Infinite version of Vue where one can use any vob created anywhere. However, I am always exporting OBJs from DAZ and using them. This might not apply to Frontier, but it is something you might look into. Once in Vue (at least in Infinie) you can save them as vobs

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Frontier, sadly, does not import .obj format files.