How to Use Reality?

BomberBomber Posts: 120

I bought Reality from renderosity and downloaded it for Daz Studio 3. And after installing it the directions say to turn on Reality. But...where do I do that? I downloaded it but there's no obvious place to turn it on. And every tutorial and guide starts at the point where people already know how to turn it on. So could some one direct me to the menu or whatever where I open it? Thank you.

(Make sure you read through the thread. We made some progress so just answering the question based on the 1st post will probably just be an answer that others have offered.)

Post edited by Bomber on

Comments

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Try looking in the Render Settings Menu. There should be something there that will let u call up Reality.Hopefully this helps u a little as I only used it a couple of times :-). Still in the process of redoing my content....lol. Thank you and take care :-) .

• BomberBomber Posts: 120
    edited July 2012

Its just not showing up. It should look like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/g8dTc.png

But I'm not getting the option for Reality:
    http://i.imgur.com/lV96K.png

I really do not want the money to have been a total waste so I'd love to know why its not showing up. The files are clearly installed in the plug-in folders. I just dunno why it wont cooperate.

EDIT:

It says the plug-in failed or something? Any ideas? http://imgur.com/a100q

Post edited by Bomber on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited July 2012

What version of Daz are you running?

From Renderosity:

System requirements:

- DAZ Studio 4 (minimum version 4.0.1.19) or DAZ Studio 3 (3.1.2.32)
    - Mac OS or Windows, in either 32 or 64-bit mode.
    - 2GB RAM minimum, 4GB or more suggested
    - Dual core CPU minimum
    - Vertical screen resolution of at least 800 lines.
    - LuxRender 0.9. LuxRender is free and the links are provided in both the documentation and the product's page.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

It just says Daz Studio 3.1. So the question is, how do I get up to the correct version? I do recall it asking me to upgrade last month but I accidentally Xed it out instead of saying remind me next week.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,634
    edited December 1969

Did you register the plugin in DazStudio? That could be a reason it's not showing up.

You can also ask your question in the Reality render thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/289/

edited July 2012

Did you register the plugin in DazStudio? That could be a reason it's not showing up.

You can also ask your question in the Reality render thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/289/

I tried but it says this:

http://imgur.com/a100q

I figured I need to update DS3. I just dunno how to go about that. It'd probably work in DS4 but I can't get my desired DS3 stuff into that.

Post edited by Bomber on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you go to Help > About DAZ Studio it will give you the full version number. If it isn't 3.1.2.32, reset your download to get the newer version.

(BTW, you CAN use your DS3 stuff in DS4.)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

Which DS3 stuff can't you get into DS4

edited July 2012

Well I used DS4 when it first came out. But my entire library was empty and I didn't want to bother moving everything into the right directory. But since DS4 is a pretty successful hit I think it might be a good time to give it another shot. Just need to redownload it off my account.

I checked and I have an older version. So I shall reset my downloads and report back.

Thanks for all the help so far. I feel like I'm making progress.

EDIT: I can't find my DS3 in my download history. I swear its usually there. So in the meantime I suppose I'll get DS4 reinstalled.

Post edited by Bomber on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

You can just point DS4 at your library you don't need to reinstall everything.

edited July 2012

You can just point DS4 at your library you don't need to reinstall everything.

Well I don't have it on my computer anymore. So I sort of do have to. ^.^ Its almost done now. Just pointed it to the DS3 library and hoping it works out.

EDIT: I got DS4 installed and I'm loading a DS3 scene into. but its asking me to manually find each texture used ("could not find file blah blah blah") is that just a side effect of importing a DS3 scene into DS4 or can I fix it? Because its rather tedious.

EDIT: Okay yeah loading an old DS3 scene ended in "some files couldn't be imported". Some files being 90% of them. So I think I'm going back to square 1. How do I get my DS3 updated to the latest version?

EDIT: Um you know what? I'll make another thread. This one went off topic from Reality to updating DS3. A new title should catch some one's eye.

Post edited by Bomber on
  • pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

Hello.

You will need Studio 3.1.2.32 to use Reality. I believe that it runs also with 3.1.2.19. To find out what version you have you need to use the "About DAZ Studio" menu.

From the screenshot that you have published you have installed the wrong version of Reality (for example, the DS4 version or a mismatch between 32/64 bits) or you have an old version of Studio. Once you get the right versions the plugin will load and ask you for the registration. After that is done you will be able to see it in the Render menu. Please be sure to read the Reality User's Guide, it's included in the docs folder of Studio.

If you have any technical issue it's generally better to contact me directly or via my forums, tha DAZ forums don't send me any notification of new posts about Reality and your questions might get lost here.

Thank you again for purchasing Reality.