Stonemason environments acting weird

boumayboumay Posts: 31

Hello,
I have this problem only with stonemason environments.
When I import a fbx of them into 3dsmax, all the parts of the environments get exploded in every direction and don't stay in place.
This is annoying since scenes from other vendors work well, and I don't want to export to obj since the materials arent always well preserved.
Perhaps there's a specific setting in the export process that I miss?
Does anyone has a solution?
Thank you

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,085
    edited December 1969

It might help people to answer if you post a screenshot of your settings. I don't have 3DS so I can't help.

• boumayboumay Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

Sure,
    Here are 2 screenshot, one concerning FBX, the other as OBJ.
    The FBX is exploded, the OBJ is fine in terms of geometry placement/scale, the only reason I don't use obj is that there are other serious issues with materials and faces/weird triangulation or smoothing groups, which require a lot of work to clean.

b_OBJ.PNG
    1546 x 992 - 582K
    a_FBX.PNG
    1553 x 993 - 442K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,085
    edited December 1969

I was suggesting a screenshot of the export options dialogue, and of the 3DS import options dialogue of there is one.

edited December 2013

ok, here are export dialogs.
    Just to say, but I tried with degraded skinning and other options etc, nothing works.

3dsmax.PNG
    597 x 1173 - 85K
    daz.PNG
    733 x 852 - 141K
    Post edited by boumay on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have seen this before, the issue also happened in iClone. This was what we noticed. When imported as Props the items are loaded with there world axis, that is not the same as the Scene positions. They have been moved and saved to new locations to create the Load scene in DAZ Studio. When saved out as props the default load locations return and that causes the exploded look. I'm not sure what the user did to overcome the issue.

edited December 1969

Thank you for posting.
    It would be nice to weld all parts together in daz so it is only one single object, or find a way to kind of "freeze" the objects axis

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Have you tried grouping all the parts into a Null and then export?

edited December 1969

Thank you for the tip, I'll try that for sure

edited December 2013

In fact, I can't manage to find a way to group objects in daz 4.6
    It was ctrl-G or from the menu in previous versions but now I can't find the function
    : (

Post edited by boumay on
    edited December 1969

Under the create menu are Create a new null and a new group, either one should do the trick. :)

edited December 1969

thank you for the tip

edited December 1969

my pleasure boumay