skin and ear hair addon

sometimes i would like to add a tail, wings or what not to a figure but have no way to pull the same texture over from the main body so the figure looks consistant. Is there some program that can clone a portion of the skin over. I'm not sure if that's the proper word for it. Perhaps some kind of program, script or addon exisists that can do this?  Also I find when I try to add hair to a figure with tweeked ears such as elf, cat or dog the side burns or side of the hair along the scalp gets all wonky. It tends to either collect heavily along the rim and then curls outward and just looks weird and there's no way to adjust that.  Is there some kind of app to auto adjust those instances?

Comments

• You could remap the skin areas to match the mapping of the area of the model they were covering. You could also use something like Mari or 3D Coat to clone areas of the maps (for your own use, you couldn't share the result as textures).

• RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
    edited June 2019

You could remap the skin areas to match the mapping of the area of the model they were covering. You could also use something like Mari or 3D Coat to clone areas of the maps (for your own use, you couldn't share the result as textures).

Would those work on the Medusa Maker for Genesis 8? Mainly for the snake tail? I'd like to do a green anaconda pattern for it.

(Edit): I just found that Mari is a buyware which makes it a no no as I wouldn't be able to afford the software.

Post edited by RPGMaker247 on
  • Blender has painting tools, though I think they were an area that the Blender user who mentioned them was unhappy with.