DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)

alex0305alex0305 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I'm trying to install the DSON Importer for Poser with the Install Manager. However it is giving me an error:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

I have Poser 10 -- just the plain vanilla Poser 10. Why does the Installation Manager require a path be set for those other versions of Poser but not the one I have? Is it not compatible? I thought that it should be and haven't seen any information to the contrary. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

Poser 10 is 32 bit only, so you should be installing only the 32 bit version of the importer.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Make sure you have 32-bit ticked in the Download Filters on the Ready to Download tab.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

You can always grab all versions of the DSON Importer from your Account's Product Library...

• "Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. "

I download the DSON importer (64 bit) http://www.daz3d.com/dson-importer-for-poser, and I have Poser 11 (64bit) but the path is this: Program files/Smith Micro/Poser 11.  Is it not compatible?

Thanks

• Did this get resolved? I am having the same issue.

• Hey,

Hand manually instal the INACTIVE VERSION  works for poser 11 (not pro)  64 VERSION.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_16190

When you then add  Daz the library to Poser you have no problems.

"You can always grab all versions of the DSON Importer from your Account's Product Library...

From the normal one this one is not workng.

When installing you can no get to the Poser 11 64 version programm folder.