Saving all content from one scene into one file or folder.

GarrettDRGarrettDR Posts: 229

If this topic has been stated before, I apologize. My search has only brought me limited answers.

Is there a way to export or save a scene that will include all textures, models, morphs, and poses etc?

I would like to save several of my scene files in a complete independent folder from their original source location.

I want to redo my content folder and once i do, i wont be able to reload a scene.

Thanks for your time!

Garrett

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

GarrettDR said:
    I want to redo my content folder and once i do, i wont be able to reload a scene.

This only happens if you nuke your /data/ folder. None of these files are visible inside D|S, all of them are called up by your scene files. So there's only one effect of "tidying up" this thoroughly, it makes your old scenes unloadable. If you preserve your /data/ folder (e.g. by copying it somewhere else, then copy it back before reinstalling your content) then you should have no lost scenes.

One note: you're talking about content and saved scenes separately. Are you saving your scenes somewhere in your content folder, or in another location? It's best to save scenes inside your content folder.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As spotted points out. To Redo your content AND keep old scene files its this. COPY Scene files Folder, Copy DATA Files folder. Clean install of content, Put Scene Files folder back, put Data Folder back and that's all. But know this if your content is spread out in more than one folder things can still fail. Example: Textures that load from a folder that is no longer listed. That is possible if for example you have My Library and My DAZ 3D Library both in use with content in both. And you change it to a Single Content folder as I have done. The Fix is to just LOAD the failed Item and Them load the Scene file again as the NEW Data will have been made. In most cases.

• GarrettDRGarrettDR Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

Thank you both SpottedKitty and Jaderail for your response!

Let me ask this. Is there a log, or script, or something that would tell me all the objects with a physical file path within a scene?
    I know when you load a scene, you will get a window that shows all the element being loaded. Is there a script that can read this from a scene file?

Thanks!

Garrett

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

GarrettDR said:
    Thank you both SpottedKitty and Jaderail for your response!

Let me ask this. Is there a log, or script, or something that would tell me all the objects with a physical file path within a scene?
    I know when you load a scene, you will get a window that shows all the element being loaded. Is there a script that can read this from a scene file?

Thanks!

Garrett

http://www.daz3d.com/content-gatherer

edited December 1969

Wow! You ask and you shall receive! Thank you so much! I am going to purchase this. Thank you fixmypcmike!

edited December 1969

I just wanted to do a follow up.I purchased the app in the link above and tried it. I opened up the zipped scene file on my laptop which i installed daz studio for the first time.

My Daz Studio install was bare bone. no models no nothing except a few scripts. When i tried to load my scene, Is failed due to files it couldn't find.Now the files were there so I did some digging. Since Daz Studio was bare bones, I installed the Install Manager, entered my information and only downloaded the Genesis essentials stuff. I let everything install to its default directory.

Once that was done I tried again and the file failed due to it not finding files, but the error message was a little different this time.
    I went inside the unzipped folder and grabbed all the folders and copied them to the default installation path.
    I tried the scene file again and this time it worked.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You can change the install location in DIM, or add the DIM path in DS.

edited December 1969

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed.