Dforce hairs on hair caps for any figure

so far all the Dforce hairs are figure specific

if we have to purchase Dforce hairs I want to buy them for every figure I wish to use even legacy figures

while I don't expect Premier Artists to support anything but the current figures one way they can do this is to use hair caps like we do in Carrara and Poser

I want my men to have metal headbanging long hairs, Glam rockers etc in particular

wavy and straight 

parted or with bangs etc

since cannot make them ourselves please place them in the store so we can buy them

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

It's the same problem for clothing, though. The older a figure is, the less likely it is to generate sales and creating somethign for more than one generation of figure can be a very time-consuming process to undertake, from what I understand.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited June 2019

It's the same problem for clothing, though. The older a figure is, the less likely it is to generate sales and creating somethign for more than one generation of figure can be a very time-consuming process to undertake, from what I understand.

Yes but sadly we cannot as the Dforce hair technology is limited to Premier Artists 

Likewise  we would be getting more HD morphs for Genesis 1&2 also

people actually do still make stuff for V4 and M4 and sell at Renderosity 

this is a whole topic that cannot be discussed but since the Dforce hair is limited to PAs we need to work with the commercial  choices by DAZ to get the products we want for our earlier characters ensuring they can sell a product and their Premier Artists earn from it too, This is one way they possibly could do this and my M4 etc and Genesis 1 characters can wear Dforce hair in animations.

I want this for many reasons mainly because genesis 3 and 8 do not play as well with animation, it can be done but is much more work

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

I've not played around with dforce hair yet. Is it not possible to parent the hair to the head of any (generation of) character?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited June 2019

I've not played around with dforce hair yet. Is it not possible to parent the hair to the head of any (generation of) character?

Strand-based hair can be "grown" directly on the figure's head, in which case it will be specific to the figure used as the base. Hence the suggestion to use a hair cap as the hair base, so it could then be refitted or parented to another figure.

PhilW's dForce hair actually use a cap, not sure about the other hairs released so far.

Post edited by Leana on

Yes only found out today PhilW uses a cap, regret not buying a hair from him with the better associated deals (on stuff with it)

will consider now, just seeing what extra discounted stuff  DAZ offers and making sure the cart is stable

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

Using Autofit, I was able to fit PhilW's hairs G2F without issue.  Thats "fit to..." and not parent to

Mattymanx said:

Using Autofit, I was able to fit PhilW's hairs G2F without issue.  Thats "fit to..." and not parent to

Yes I did it to G8M too and have autofit clones right back to Genesis and sort of can do it for M4 and V4 too