Icons for Clips

ProPoseProPose Posts: 527
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there any way to change the visual representation of, say a Master Pose or Master Clip, to be more representative of what is contained in the clip other than its default icon?

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

You can use P3dO Explorer to edit and change Carrara icons but you need to buy it (I think there is a free version but it does not include this feature). I've never tried it with clips but can't see why it shouldn't work. I use it to edit the thumbnails for the products I have released.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527
    edited December 1969

Thanks Phil, I have the free version, so I may have to look into the pro version

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not sure you can change the pose or clip icons… let us know if it's successful.

edited December 1969

Not sure you can change the pose or clip icons… let us know if it's successful.

I just tried it - yes, you can customise the thumbs for a Clip or Pose.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I've never actually looked into all of the wonderful functionality of what the p3do explorer actually does. I bought it simply for the ability to change Carrara icons and haven't tried it for anything else. It works brilliantly for changing icons in Carrara. I had some questions and the author was fast and helpful. Highly inexpensive, the p3do explorer does a lot as a data library helper, I believe. Glad to hear that it works on clips, too. For poses, all you need to do is to shoot a 90 x 90 render in png, I believe....

edited December 1969

86 x 64 pixels is fine.