Need URGENT help installing V4 into Poser 10

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Okay, so I just bought Victoria 4.2, thanks to my dear brother.
Anyhow, so I just attempted to install it into Poser 10, I had looked at tutorials on the web, etc. and they always gave me the install window for V4. Though it never shows up for me. Victoria 4 downloads through the download install manager from DAZ 3D. It's really annoying me and I don't know what to do, I've looked at the same websites a ton of times, I've uninstalled and re-installed to see if there was any window, but no.

Also, when I got my confirmation e-mail for purchasing the model, it had a download button. However this download button is literally trolling me. It downloads an errormessage.txt file onto my computer, saying:

"This file indicates that an error has occured.
If you received this file, then an error has, indeed, occured."

What can I do to install Victoria 4.2 into Poser 10, easily?!

Please answer, I am so frustrated now...

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you downloaded it through the Install Manager you can install it with the Install Manager. You can add your desired content location (the folder containing the Runtime location) if you don't want to use the default location.

• edited December 1969

Hmm, alright.
    How would I do that though? If I have it in the "waiting to be installed" would I be able to change the location and how? Also, I'd set the location to what?
    Thanks in advance

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Click the settings (gear) icon in the upper right and click on the Installation tab. Then click the + in the lower left to add the path to your Poser content, such as ...\Documents\Smith Micro\Poser 10

• edited December 1969

I'll try that asap! Thank you!