17 year old characters

khung90skhung90s Posts: 62
edited June 2019 in Product Suggestions

Since Emma Character (age 10-11), Hair, Clothing and Accessories for Genesis 8 Female(s) by 3D Universe, Can someone make a 17 year old European female character? If there's such product exist let me know 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• khung90skhung90s Posts: 62
    edited June 2019

Since Emma Character (age 10-11), Hair, Clothing and Accessories for Genesis 8 Female(s) by 3D Universe, Can someone make a 17 year old European male character? If there's such product exist let me know 

Post edited by khung90s on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,521

Is there a particular reason you've ruled out the rather large selection of characters based on either Teen Josie or Teen Kaylee? I know some of them may be a bit too stylised, but there's a lot of choice, and I'd be surprised if some combination of their morphs and skins wouldn't give you what you're looking for.

• Merged threads since they are so closely related.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

https://www.daz3d.com/teen-princess-leila-for-genesis-3-female-s

Honestly, this is the best teen figure I've seen so far.

You'd have to ask about, but find the Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 morph converter and she looks great as a genesis 8 body.

Or use the manual method (ask around)

I honestly think Josie and Kaylee look kinda terrible in comparison.

They have that big-lipped button-nosed cartoon look that makes them look more like bratz dolls than actual teenagers.

leila on the otherhand looks like a normal human being.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I honestly think Josie and Kaylee look kinda terrible in comparison.

I agree for G8, but I only recently took a look at Josie 7, and I think she looks way better. Zev0's teen characters Molly and Lilly are also quite good, in my opinion. However, ThePhilosopher is some sort of wizard, so you're right that Leila looks the best.

I'm not sure what it is about younger characters, but the younger characters get, the less realistic they look (at least for what's available in Daz). Caryn and Tobyn look like straight up nightmares, although that might be just because of the expressions they're given in promo images.

edited July 2019
    Gordig said:

I agree for G8, but I only recently took a look at Josie 7, and I think she looks way better. Zev0's teen characters Molly and Lilly are also quite good, in my opinion. However, ThePhilosopher is some sort of wizard, so you're right that Leila looks the best.

Honestly, I'd be quite happy to just send ThePhilosopher the modded morphs I have in hopes we could get her updated for G8.

Gordig said:

I'm not sure what it is about younger characters, but the younger characters get, the less realistic they look (at least for what's available in Daz). Caryn and Tobyn look like straight up nightmares, although that might be just because of the expressions they're given in promo images.

Sixus1's genesis 8 baby also looks uterly horrifying. That face will haunt your nightmares.

The face is worse, but at least it doesn't look like it consumed two other, smaller, babies.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • rrwardrrward Posts: 556
    The face is worse, but at least it doesn't look like it consumed two other, smaller, babies.

BWahahaha!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

People keep saying they want a baby model. A *cute* baby model. But whenever someone builds a baby model they recoil in horror. There's a reason for this.

Babies are not cute. They are grotesque. People look at the real ones, and the neonatal qualities translate as cute in a *living creature*. But 3D models are not living. So they look exactly like what they were made to look like. Which might resemble a human infant, but gets no allowances made for it's not being cute, because we *know* that it isn't real. 

The only cute baby models are 'Toons. It's not that difficult to make a cute 'Toon.

I don't even care about cute. I want enough flexibility to be useful.

IMHO the Daz babies are too fat and too old. Any larger and they'd be "Toddlers".

It's one of the reasons I like Ella even if her face is a bit... meh. She can do anything from baby to newborn.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I actually don’t think the Sixus baby is horrifying. Looks okay to me.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

The babies don't look horrifying, that's silly, but they suffer from the same lack of simulated 3D realism that the George and fat morphs suffer from also I think. The fat looks like hard surface rather than soft malleable skin, muscle, and fat deposits. Also, often the render isn't showing the entire shape of the sculpted geometry and is too reflective and not diffuse and translucent enough like real skin and the body interior is.DAZ Studio and DAZ 3D's skin materials shader model will have to be improved I think.

I haven't tried it but maybe rendering very soft focus and blurred would probably go a long way to eliminating that hard surface effect. I have trouble making myself purposely blur renders though. I'm trying to purposely use more blur and bloom lately though via others light setting presets products I've bought over the years. 

The best baby I think is still the Baby for Genesis if you stick to the supplied poses or don't deviate from them too much. It's not in the store anymore though.

And those new G8 babies make super base morphs to create comedy toon characters.

• 17 old characters. I'm not an expert but i bought a young morph and some character morps and its possible to mix up some sliders together to get into a 17 years old result. 

keep in mind 17 is an age there you can't be realy sure about the age since some look like 18 with the age of and some 26 years old still need to show their pass to buy some booze.

just looked up emma. Age 10 till 11?  i must be really bad at guessing ages.   and the body size... well 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969

It's the bodies that look horrifying

OMG. The new Teen Jane actually looks like a real humanbeing! Le Gasp!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040

I too prefer the genesis baby to any other and it’s a shame is was pulled for future users