Possible to create new Geometry after shaping V4.2 with D-Formers?

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 2013 in The Commons

I use V4.2 (or WWGII with the V4.2 Geometry) morphs++ and a shaping tool named badabing (which works with deformers and is really good for v4.2 and you can do a lot of shapings with it) so if I have created a character with these morphs++ and badabing is it possible to make a new figure out of this character? Which than works without this badabing tool for example because it has this new geometry? understandable?

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

That depends on several things.

Which version of Daz are you using? Are you just changing shape of V4 or are you actually removing or adding polygons and etc?

If you're just shaping the figure and using Daz 4.6 than you can transfer the morph for her in Daz and save it as a character preset. Removing polygons and etc well that's a bit more complicated and more than likely your textures that you have for V4 may no longer work.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

For yourself yes, to share, no.
    If trying to create a new figure all together, in D/S4.x there are the Figure Skeleton tools to rig it.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

If trying to create a new figure all together, in D/S4.x there are the Figure Skeleton tools to rig it.

hmm, I have absolutely know knowledge about rigging

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

hmm, I have absolutely know knowledge about rigging

Sadly there's no one good tutorial to cover all aspects of, what is now called, "legacy" rigging.
    You might find some information by looking for rigging info for D/S3.

In a nutshell.

First export out of D/S the new geometry being sure to keep the groups and materials. Use the Poser settings. Put a copy of this geometry in the Runtime > Geometries > YourName > Private > .... folder.

In D/S4.x [I am not running the latest edition] under Windows ... find whatever is called Figure/Skeleton tools and dock that tab somewhere.
    In the Geometry section, import the new geometry. Make sure the setting is for Legacy. Click on the geometry and slide it over to the Figure side.
    Make all the bones go in the correct direction. [right-click and select something]
    Create the figure.
    And repeat a few times until it all looks correct. As this is for yourself, you can do some copying of the info from the base figure.
    When it's looking "done" as far as the basic skeleton is concerned. Export out the new .cr2 file being very careful NOT to overwrite any existing files. Give it its own name, I'd suggest in a folder under Runtime > Characters > YourName > Private > ....

Now one can use the Joint Editor Tool, [something that looks like a dog bone with a pencil] Carefully, methodically, make adjustments.
    After any amount of work, or even a little if it was a difficult make, re-export out another .cr2 file. You can either overwrite the first one, or give it a new name so you'll have more than one starting place should you need to go back and start a particular rigging over.

For the final export, you can apply whatever skin textures you want on the figure and make the export [.cr2 file]