HD morphs, think I am on to something

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
edited December 2013 in Carrara Discussion

I started a new thread as I think this is a topic in itself
after noticing adding HD details detracted from the result I tried setting the little gear icon parameters to -1 minimum and using that for HD details
the results

hd.gif
1920 x 2000 - 3M
hd-1.png
1920 x 1080 - 570K
norm.png
1920 x 1080 - 549K
hag-1hd.png
1920 x 2000 - 1M
hag.png
1920 x 2000 - 1M
Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Check them out in DAZ Studio, see the difference?
    I was actually amazed that it didn't work for Carrara, since it's utilizing the SubD at higher settings. I was assured that they(HD) simply do not work in the latest version (or any prior) of Carrara. I really like the faces you're making, though! I still have yet to play with mine :blank:

edited December 1969

In a way, though, we've had HD all along with figure in Carrara, by utilizing the smoothing slider and using displacement painting - or any other form of mesh manipulation. It's pretty cool what you can do with SubD... it also takes some getting used to - but really amazing and fun. The DAZ 3D HD morphs are actually sculpted at the high resolution and brought back in as directions on how the SubD is to define the lower res cage, which requires a special plugin that we don't have for Carrara. But if you export Genesis 2 at a higher resolution OBJ, you can do the sculpting in Carrara to be brought back to DS. I think the whole thing is just super-fascinating, and can hardly wait to get it for Carrara. Smoothing level 3 on Genesis is huge resolution. 4 will crash or clog most computers. Definitely slow the performance. Well, Smoothing 1 on Genesis is higher res than V4. Increasing by 1 multiplies each polygon by 4. At those numbers, that's a really big number - and that's just level 2!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

yes definitely not Daz studio HD
    but just showing it can have some effect
    one for the coders by looks
    DS4.6 Wendy HD

morphs000.gif
    418 x 384 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Amazing detail, eh? ;)