Follow up to Kids 4

Was there ever any kind of follow up to the Kids4?

If I'm correct, there are no charcters in that age (5 - 14) group available, except for some morphs to make older characters look younger?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

The last "official child" released by Daz was the basic child morph from Genesis 1.

• Leana said:

The last "official child" released by Daz was the basic child morph from Genesis 1.

Thanks. So I feared.

There is nothing really between babies and teenagers.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    Leana said:

Thanks. So I feared.

There is nothing really between babies and teenagers.

There are quite a few child characters available for newer figures, simply no official "Daz child shape".

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Angel Wings has produced some excellent child characters for G3 and G8. They are available at Renderosity.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

Was there ever any kind of follow up to the Kids4?

If I'm correct, there are no charcters in that age (5 - 14) group available, except for some morphs to make older characters look younger?

https://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-bundle-for-genesis-8-female-s-and-male-s

Best you're going to get.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

As far as I can tell, most if not all of the child characters available require the Growing Up morphs, so there's really no getting around it.

• My gripe is there still doesn't seem to be a way of making kids between baby and age 5.  I bought Tobyn and Caryn hoping there'd be a dial-the-age slider in there somewhere but.... nope.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Gordig said:

As far as I can tell, most if not all of the child characters available require the Growing Up morphs, so there's really no getting around it.

Not all need the Growing Up morphs. A few don't, like https://www.daz3d.com/mahaut-the-young-shepherdess-for-genesis-3-and-8-female or, most of 3D Universe's kid characters, like Brynn, Amber, etc, who can be mixed with other character morphs to make them more realistic. Also Thornworks' Luca, if you change the head. They're here at Daz, or there's Ning at Renderosity. And if you do get any of Angel_Wings' characters, which do need Growing Up morphs, you get some of the best kids' textures (if not the very best, in my opinion), that can be applied to any G3/8 character for more variety..

This is Luca mixed with Ryker head morphs and skin:

(Click on image for full size)

• We've got a lot of stuff for Teens and older, but anything younger than that, it looks pretty desolate. 

A couple of morphs and hardly any suitable clothing, certainly no big variety.

That's why I miss something along the line of Kids4 for the newer figures.

• DogzDogz Posts: 898
    edited July 2019

One reason is that Kids faces are notoriously hard to do, (getting the the subtileties), eyes nose and mouth are all pretty much regular proportions. but the skull shape is different and the brow, cheeks are jaw are much less defined, and those areas are tricky to work with (and Genesis' base shape is not really a good starting point for it either).

If you dont do enough you end up with an adult face on kids body, and if you over do it, you end up with a creepy cherub /chucky doll with giant cheeks and a tiny mouth.

Easy, its not.

Another reason is they are are not as lucrative.

Growing up solves the body proportions issue and its usful to have that one standard for clothing items to fit properly.

Post edited by Dogz on