Blood for splatters, combat scenes, defeated enemies.

MysteriousMikaMysteriousMika Posts: 52
edited July 2019 in Product Suggestions

Blood for splatters, combat scenes, defeated enemies.

Usualy working with Gen 8

Hello!

To create more combat scenes, i'm looking for blood and dirt. I found some stuff like Severed Man for Genesis 8 Male to add some parts of arms, legs, heads and more. but i would like to add dirt and blood textures to. Not only on the skin but the armor and clothes too. 

I do not look for some 2d photoshop stuff. since it is 3d it woul me interesting if there are some blood splashes and wounds for iray render who do some aditional reflecting work as...well... being blood splaters like water with a bloody color. 

and after a combat to dat, you won't lok super clean anymore. Is there some dirt to add on skin and cloth textures as a dirt layer too? Most clothes do not hafe a dirty texture :P 

Oh!  and guts and other gory stuff? Or should i look on other places for those stuff to create good horror images?

Sincerly, 

Mika

Post edited by MysteriousMika on

Comments

• A blood overly material for iray would be great to add to clothes without having to do it in post work.
  • DogzDogz Posts: 898

That might be tricky one to get Daz to accept as a product. (E.g you would have to be carful with promos at least)

• Enter the following search terms in the shop search engine: "A Touch of Dirt for Iray", "Splats, Drips and Splatters for dForce", "EArkham's ZWorld Axe Crazy Splat Pack"

• What are the odds the messy hands from the axe crazy splat pack could fit into a male genesis 8 character? Or really any male genesis character...

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

What are the odds the messy hands from the axe crazy splat pack could fit into a male genesis 8 character? Or really any male genesis character...

Probably zero.  They were made to fit G8 Female, but you could try the autofit tool to see what happens.  Since it's goop and doesn't necessarily have to fit precisely you might be able to get something usable.

• Yeah, my thoughts are that autofit might produce something usable but I'd rather not purchase it to find out it doesn't work well, lol. I'll hold out for a similar set that is designed for males. :)

• Ahh, holy crap, you're the dude that made it! lol. Consider that a kind suggestion for a similar pack designed for males?

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

Probably not.  DAZ is a little fuzzy on what's too much for gore & blood products, and I had to dance around that line a little bit with this product.  Even though it's a small risk, I'd rather not put a lot of effort into a product and have it get rejected.

I will try to keep G8 males in mind for future products in general though.

• I completely understand not wanting to waste your time. My intent was to use it for a character that covers his hands in tar for gripping and it looked really amazing, just for the wrong gender. It does seem like a great product so it's in the wishlist for if I find a use for it on a female character. Keep up the good work!

• just found "PTF Grungy Threads"

seems to do good work on some clothes but on some others it makes funny and iritating stuff XD

• I didn't have the willpower and ended up buying the Axe Splat Pack and I can say that the gooey hands did autofit perfectly to a Genesis 8 Male. It captured the tar-covered hands I was hoping for magnificently. So for the six or so people over the next decade that need to make a male character with tar-covered hands and google shows them this thread -- the Axe Splat Pack works. :)

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

For adding blood splatters over skin, you can do it youself with a geometry shell. I describe the process here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4063856/#Comment_4063856

• For adding blood splatters over skin, you can do it youself with a geometry shell. I describe the process here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4063856/#Comment_4063856

Thanks a lot.  There came out a lot lately.

But I will take a look to this tutorial too.