DAZ Big Cat 2 hair

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Trying the new hair with the DAZ Big Cat 2, but taking forever and a day just to load it! Anyone else been able to try it yet?
Win 7 64bit 16GB RAM Intel i7, so I don't think my system is lacking for horsepower. In the last 10 minutes the loading progress went from 10% to 15%. :-(

The Big Cat 2 itself didn't take tooo long, but it was still a few minutes to load. (Into an empty scene.)

Or are these DAZ Studio-only products?

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

if it's anything like the DAZ llama it will take forever and a day to load the hair..

a real PITA.. so much so I don't use it

• edited December 1969

That's a pity. The Big Cat 2 gallery images look so good, except for that transmapped mane. Wanted the hair for that.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

I am working on the Big Cat Dynamic fur and the Dynamic fur won't be needing the Big fur and this will load up faster. It should coming to the DAZ 3D soon.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

sounds good Ringo... you should do the LLama as well so I can use it again ;-)

In the meantime I'm more than happy with my Lion SR1, he may be old but still got some roar left in him

Lion.jpg
    800 x 450 - 362K
  • edited December 1969

So, it's 6 hours later and it's at 82%. I'm going back to bed.

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

A little test with Carrara Hair.....

800 000 hairs. Only one hairgroup, but using the hair-length tool to create variations in the length.

big_cat2_fur.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 298K
  • edited December 2013

I thought this would be similar to the "Real Fur" for the first Big Cat, since it shares the name, but it seems to be based on some kind of Studio plugin instead of C's dynamic hair. But I can't even confirm that until it opens. Going on 9 hours now, sitting at 97.6%. But I'll have to leave to work in a minute, so I'll have to look when I get home.

Post edited by briandaz_3e696c2bd8 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 2013

if you meant the LAMH converting that to geometry results in some horrendous polycounts
    only way You can get it out of studio
    I have conformed some head hairs using transfer utility but a whole furred animal a big ask
    Did milcat using Lynnes ocelot for iclone, is a VERY highpoly beast indeed

Carrara hair the best way to go
    ignore my Puma attempt!

Doc3000.gif
    800 x 450 - 3M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Varsel said:
    A little test with Carrara Hair.....

800 000 hairs. Only one hairgroup, but using the hair-length tool to create variations in the length.

Nice job Varsel! Love the color on it.

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    sounds good Ringo... you should do the LLama as well so I can use it again ;-)

In the meantime I'm more than happy with my Lion SR1, he may be old but still got some roar left in him

I agree!

Eye_of_the_Tiger_comp_copy.jpg
    2000 x 830 - 501K
  • edited December 1969

20 hours later... I get home and the progress bar says 100% but it's still sitting there, it did not actually finish. LAMH totally fails with Carrara.

edited December 1969

At least DAZ has a return policy if you bought it within the last 30 days and you don't want it.

Holly has a really nice fur tutorial you can check out. I think it may be linked to at the CarraraCafe.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

At least DAZ has a return policy if you bought it within the last 30 days and you don't want it.

Holly has a really nice fur tutorial you can check out. I think it may be linked to at the CarraraCafe.

Except the details of the snowball sales page says:

"DETAILS •Ineligible for return = items purchased to receive Snowballs as well as items bought with your accumulated Snowball Savings"

I did buy the cats, but not the real fur (saw it was not Carrara fur, but the studio hair product). I did put some hair on the cheetah

Until Ringo gets his product out, there are several materials that don't load correctly (like the inside of the mouth) so you will need to hunt these down and load them manually the first time.

ncamp

BigCatChet.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:

Except the details of the snowball sales page says:

"DETAILS •Ineligible for return = items purchased to receive Snowballs as well as items bought with your accumulated Snowball Savings"

I did buy the cats, but not the real fur (saw it was not Carrara fur, but the studio hair product). I did put some hair on the cheetah

Until Ringo gets his product out, there are several materials that don't load correctly (like the inside of the mouth) so you will need to hunt these down and load them manually the first time.

ncamp

Very nice render. Nice integration with the photo as well.

Bummer about the return policy for it.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

brianorca said:
    20 hours later... I get home and the progress bar says 100% but it's still sitting there, it did not actually finish. LAMH totally fails with Carrara.
    I thought that LAMH was a DS plugin. Never grab that stuff in the expectations for it to work in Carrara.
  • EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

Carrara hair the best way to go
    ignore my Puma attempt!

A fluffy-paw-puma ;-)