Steampunk Robot

There's nothing on the store, currently, that fits the niche.  I'm thinking something like:

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/robot-steampunk-pbr-3d-model-1279833

But, obviously rigged and poseable.  Anyway, anxiously awaiting it so that you can take my money!

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

https://www.daz3d.com/steam-mech

Also consider kit-bashing your own using some modern/futuristic/retro robot models, retextured and with various steampunk bits added onto it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040

That would not be hard to make from parented primitives either and look better than rigged

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    sriesch said:

I liked it pretty much, btw. Reminded me that movie... wild wild west? or how it was called

• Thanks for the links, but as you can see, and I did, they are all just terrible models compared to the one that I linked. Many older Daz things for Steampunk, are old and poor quality compared to today, outfits and places too. Hopefully, someone will capitalize on this as I would myself if I understood how to do anything related to this field.
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the links, but as you can see, and I did, they are all just terrible models compared to the one that I linked. Many older Daz things for Steampunk, are old and poor quality compared to today, outfits and places too. Hopefully, someone will capitalize on this as I would myself if I understood how to do anything related to this field.

I don't see anything particularly terrible about the modeling on Antfarm's stuff compared to the turbosquid creation you linked, but it is true that most or all of what I linked to has 3Delight textures and would need tweaking to look good in Iray (although the built-in copper shader preset in the Daz Uber folder plus the original bump maps would go a long way towards achieving the effect you want).

Post edited by Odaa on
  • Yeah, I know such things are matters of opinion.  For me, that one on Turbo Squid just plain looks more "steampunky" to me or what I think of when I think of a steampunk robot.  The others are not necessarily crap models, but definitely not for me or what I want.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

I think only two look more or less steampunk? Steam-mech and Crunk (especially with bulb eyes option)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366

Yeah, I know such things are matters of opinion.  For me, that one on Turbo Squid just plain looks more "steampunky" to me or what I think of when I think of a steampunk robot.  The others are not necessarily crap models, but definitely not for me or what I want.

Why not get the one from Turbosquid, it seems that its exactly what you want, its usually really hard to find DS content that fits the idea you have in your head.