Apollo 11 50th Anniversary

How about a set or series of sets for the Apollo Space Program? There coule be a whole series of them...

The command module and lander.
Space suits and flight suits.
Period specific Mission Control and Launch Control environments.
Saturn V launch pad and rocket.
Viewing bleachers and countdown clock

All sorts of things spring to mind, really,.Even the 'old' Soviet Space Program's lunar launch and landing vehicles could be done.

I don't have even the remotest skill set to make something like that, but I bet that there are folks who do.

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

The Apollo Astronauts were my childhood heros.  One of the most treasured memories of my childhood was watching the launch of Apollo 11 on one of the earliest colour televisions in my school's hall. 

These guys were real heroes.

Cheers,

Alex.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

It's on the news a lot here since the 50th Anniversary is only 4 days away. I remember being called in to watch it on the tiny 10" b&w TV we had out on the back porch. In those days, at TV wasn't allowed in the living room at our house. Yes, for real 10" b&w TVs were an expensive luxury in 1969. 

There is a NASA website with models of some of those things, eg the Apollo 11 Landing Site: 

https://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/models

https://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/

• I also remember watching the Moon Landing live as it happened back then.  An Amazing historic experience.

It would be nice if there were DAZ compatible models of the NASA models, which are mostly in non DAZ 3DS format.

I got the free Lunar Lander model (OBJ format) from ShareCG's web site: sharecg.com

Here is a render I did to celebrate the 50th-Anniversary of the Apollo-Lunar-Landing.

Apollo-Lunar-Landing-50th-Anniversary-4.01.png
    744 x 769 - 280K
  • I was surprised that there wasn’t something released for the 50th anniversary. I don’t even think there was anything space related released that day.

I will add in:

-Interiors to the command module and lander.

-Poses for every set that is made for both male and female gen 8.  

-Late 1960’s clothing for both male and female gen 8 including those worn by NASA staff.

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited August 2019

I am very, very interested to see if this is taken up!

We already have the movie studio (Sorry, that's just a dark, dark joke)! Of course, I support any initiative that can bring us flightsuits and 60s clothing! Would buy that without thinking twice.

Post edited by andreretogasser on