How to add a scene template to my picture?

lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

The last thing I would like to do is add some day light (sunlight). I tested a few already maded scenes for sky but nothing really happen (the software open’s a new window for a new picture). So my question is how to add ,,Californian sky” for example to my street (and remove black sky- texture from all the buldings)??

picture_without_snow.jpg
1454 x 921 - 164K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

With "Scene" selected in the right panel, just above the list of all of your content, drag the sky you want from the browser to the atmosphere setting.

FYI: You may also build your own sky by clicking the atmosphere drop down and choose Realistic Sky. If you have a "Sun Light" (type of light) in your scene, the Realistic Sky editor with even set up the lighting for the scene. You can further enhance this by using global illumination and indirect light in the render room.

edited December 1969

Actually, I think all you need to do is to drag the sky you want onto the word Scene, it you'd rather do that.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Dart is mostly right, but you need to choose the Misc. Tab in the Browser and select the Realistic Sky directory.

So, here are the steps:

1) Click on the word, Scene in your Instances tray, then, in the top part of the window, you should have the Effects tab by default. You will see some categories, Ambient, Atmosphere, Background and Backdrop.

2) Select the Misc. tab in the Browser. Select the Realistic Sky directory. Find the sky preset you want, drag the thumbnail and drop it on the Atmosphere option in the Scene's effects tab.

If you want the sky to influence the light in the scene, in the render room, select Skylight. It will treat the realistic sky kind of like an image based light (IBL).

If you're using the ambient light in the Scene's effects tab, you can select an option from the pull down menu so that it's color is based on the Realistic Sky.

Picture_6.png
    230 x 428 - 45K
    Picture_5.png
    241 x 272 - 27K
    Picture_4.png
    234 x 128 - 14K
    Picture_2.png
    254 x 779 - 28K
    Picture_1.png
    975 x 149 - 105K
    edited December 1969

Sorry...
    ...and by the way, I just have to add that I really like the realistic sky stuff in Carrara. It has a lot of settings to allow for a great amount of flexibility towards getting your intended effect. I even like the clouds - after tweaking in several layers of them. Tim Payne and Ringo Monfort have some excellent realistic sky products, which saves me a pile of time. That's one of my favorite thing about these Carrara file thumbnails - they give you a good picture of what's going on. So I drag in the one that's closest to what I want the sky to be like. Time of day, in the thumbnail, doesn't matter as much. since I always drag the sun and/or moon around to where I want them anyways. But both of those fellows have some killer cloud/sky setups.

skiesLightdome2-TimPayne.jpg
    240 x 312 - 36K
    rm-realistic-sky-presets-large.jpg
    240 x 312 - 20K
    carrara-skies-bundle-large.jpg
    240 x 312 - 22K
    edited December 1969

Ringo's (the middle picture above) even comes with some really nice Volumetric Clouds! :)