Commercial: DP Olympia 6 Carrara Shaders.

ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
edited December 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Here they are the DP Olympia 6 Carrara Shaders.

popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 252K
popup_4.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 304K
popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 247K
popup_3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 250K
main.jpg.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 525K
Post edited by ringo monfort on

Comments

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Why do I need yet another figure, let alone carrara optimized textures.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Nice! Looking forward to these!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:

Perhaps you don't need another figure, that's cool. You may also not need more Carrara specific shaders, but for my part, the more Carrara products available, the better for Carrara development in the long run. DAZ is primarily a content seller after all. If Carrara products sell well, that's good for Carrara.

I'm not suggesting you buy something you don't want or need, but maybe it will make you think twice about posting a negative comment, just for negativity's sake.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Here is another render of the beautiful Olympia 6 with Carrara shaders and dynamic hair.

Olympia_18.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 326K
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:

Perhaps you don't need another figure, that's cool. You may also not need more Carrara specific shaders, but for my part, the more Carrara products available, the better for Carrara development in the long run. DAZ is primarily a content seller after all. If Carrara products sell well, that's good for Carrara.

I'm not suggesting you buy something you don't want or need, but maybe it will make you think twice about posting a negative comment, just for negativity's sake.

I am one of the biggest Carrara fans out there and have been using it since DAZ has owned it, and have been buying content and a lot of it. as far back as Aiko2/V2.

You totally missed the point of the comment. Which is the fragmentation of content into smaller and smaller bits to where you cant get enough content for anyone Model type. Victoria 6 is not different when it comes to shaders than this new model the difference is in the morphs which could just have easily been a character for V6. This fragmentation is bad for Carrara not good.

edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    akulla3D said:

I am one of the biggest Carrara fans out there and have been using it since DAZ has owned it, and have been buying content and a lot of it. as far back as Aiko2/V2.

You totally missed the point of the comment. Which is the fragmentation of content into smaller and smaller bits to where you cant get enough content for anyone Model type. Victoria 6 is not different when it comes to shaders than this new model the difference is in the morphs which could just have easily been a character for V6. This fragmentation is bad for Carrara not good.

You can't use Olympia 6 textures on Victoria 6?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Here's the real beauty of the entire Geneisis line, both 1 and 2, with regard to how you can use UV Maps:

Each contributing shape, major shape change, will often be accompanied by it's own, special UV Mapping to avoid any stretches in the canvas, so-to-speak. As the End User, we may use any of these UV sets on any shape we want. Fro Carrara users, you begin by loading the character preset that contains the UV set that you wish to use. Then you can just dial off those shapes and start fresh - but using that UV set. So you can:

Load in Olympia, apply a cool Olympia Shader, change her shape to any shape you wish her to be. The closer to Olympia you remain, the closer to the original intentions of the UV you'll have, but in the case of these womanly shapes, you shouldn't ever feel confined to any one UV set, since they truly are so very similar - but each major character shape does give you an excellent starting point for making that special model.

So... yeah... you can ;)

edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    Olympia is answering a special call put forth by me and many other Frazetta fans working for or with DAZ 3D on the development of Genesis. We are all very impressed with this, more full-bodied beauty! :)
    Right Ringo? :)
    edited December 1969

My new version of Rosie will likely be a form originating from Olympia and this shader pack. Her curves are... well... just right! Mmmmmmm! :)

edited December 1969

Here's the real beauty of the entire Geneisis line, both 1 and 2, with regard to how you can use UV Maps:

Each contributing shape, major shape change, will often be accompanied by it's own, special UV Mapping to avoid any stretches in the canvas, so-to-speak. As the End User, we may use any of these UV sets on any shape we want. Fro Carrara users, you begin by loading the character preset that contains the UV set that you wish to use. Then you can just dial off those shapes and start fresh - but using that UV set. So you can:

Load in Olympia, apply a cool Olympia Shader, change her shape to any shape you wish her to be. The closer to Olympia you remain, the closer to the original intentions of the UV you'll have, but in the case of these womanly shapes, you shouldn't ever feel confined to any one UV set, since they truly are so very similar - but each major character shape does give you an excellent starting point for making that special model.

So... yeah... you can ;)

If I understand what you're saying, to use the Olympia 6 image maps on another morph package, you need to first load up Olympia 6 to load the proper UVs? So let's say I have JaneDoe 6, but want to use the Olympia 6 textures, I have to first load Olympia 6, or else the UVs won't line up for JaneDoe 6? Or is it like V4, where you can get morph packages to change the appearance of the geometry, but the UVs stay the same? With V4 you could use a V4 Olympia morph package and a JaneDoe skin texture because the UVs are identical.

Man, if that's true, I can understand akulla's comments a bit better. With everything I've read about Genesis 1 & 2, it seems needlessly complicated.

edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    Olympia is answering a special call put forth by me and many other Frazetta fans working for or with DAZ 3D on the development of Genesis. We are all very impressed with this, more full-bodied beauty! :)
    You are correct. She is a full-bodied beauty.
    edited December 1969

I like the idea that you can switch UV mapping for Genesis 1 & 2, but I had assumed it had more to do with backward compatibility with V4, etc. Kind of like Autofit was originally hyped to do. I can also see it being useful for more extreme shapes and deformations of the mesh, but if every character needs it's own UV set, that seems a bit extreme.

edited December 1969

No... wait. I can see how you can agree with frustration. But it's no where near the frustration we have all learned in dealing with V4 being blue - nowhere near! Where the issue becomes an issue is that DS can swap these UV sets on the fly. So Carrara is the one with the issue in this regard - and it's only one dial - so it isn't really an issue. Knowing which Character to load in is the other, but face it... that gets super easy. You select the characters folder and load in the one with the optimized UV set of the character you wish to use textures from.

So, I load in Olympia and select Actor.

Go to the Parameters tab and turn off Olympia and turn up JaneDoe.

Apply Shaders.

It might seem confusing when you first try it, that first day or two. But then you know. Just like everything else in Carrara... you just have to do it once, but it becomes so worth it.

The big problem that we're facing right now is that Carrara 8.5 isn't fully Genesis 2 ready. The figures work great, but auto-fit doesn't.
    I understand that it's being worked on.

"I can see that, for more extreme shapes...."

True. But I can totally understand and agree with the decision: "If we're making this thing work with multiple UV Maps, let's make special UV sets for all of the main shapes for the best optimization we can get"
    I'm all about things becoming better - especially at no additional cost. And Genesis 2 is much, Much better. And while I am still using V4 for my main Heroine, I have to say that Genesis technology is much better than Generation 4. DAZ 3D never does seem to go downhill backwards... not ever. They just keep pushing the envelope. And these genius folks that we (DAZ PAs) get to meet from time to time from behind the lines are truly remarkable at their craft. They're into all of the modern techniques used by Pixar and such. One of them stepped up and totally helped us to wrap our heads around how to design HD morphs, some of which, I was given permission to share - so I did. But it's cool to actually see words typed by people that good, to you. There's a huge feeling of awe - and this one is very patient and very good at wording everything as understandable as possible - even to those new in the idea, like me. I've been into modeling, but this....

DAZ is a very bright place, with a lot going on at all times. I cannot discuss this stuff when I don't, so you never here any of that from me or Ringo or PhilW, or others... but it's true, and it's incredible how hard at work this place is - constantly! Pushing the envelope. Want to see for yourself? Just become a published artist here, at DAZ 3D. You know they want you to... just do it!

edited December 1969

akulla3D said:

Who is Frazetta? I have no real issues with this but this i quadrupling my costs just to keep up. At the moment I need more clothing and stuff for my V6 characters and now you want me to start from scratch with another character which is barely distinguishable from V6. These slight differences in body type is of no consequence as there are Characters like V6/Josie and more that dont even have enough content to sustain my runtime.

Anyway, didn't mean to start a whole thing here, I just don't understand why DAZ is fragmenting everything.

Have a nice holiday.

edited December 1969

One more sample of Olympia

Olympia_19.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 284K
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/dp-olympia-6-carrara-shaders
    New Release, DP Olympia 6 Carrara Shaders. 30 % OFF.

Plus for a limited time 40% off Store sale. Excludes new releases.

http://www.daz3d.com/ringomonfort

Happy Rendering everyone!!!!

main.jpg.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 525K
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Purchased them a few hours ago and just got the DIM file dates added to the Genesis & Genesis 2 Update thread so people know when the files were updated.

Great shaders as always.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

I bought the Olympia pro set. I absolutely love the Franzetta body types. I just downloaded the Carrara optimized shaders as well. I have so much to play with now I'm sure I will never use it all. Actually the curvy set has inspired me into exploring daz Studio and Gen2 figures a bit more as well.

As far as the optimed shaders go for carrara is there a tutorial or something to walk us through using them?

edited December 1969

wscottart said:
    I bought the Olympia pro set. I absolutely love the Franzetta body types. I just downloaded the Carrara optimized shaders as well. I have so much to play with now I'm sure I will never use it all. Actually the curvy set has inspired me into exploring daz Studio and Gen2 figures a bit more as well.

As far as the optimed shaders go for carrara is there a tutorial or something to walk us through using them?

Here are some helpful hints.

See the screen captures.

1) To use the shaders first select "Actor" from the Instances tab and on also select the Shading tab at the top. Next you will need to drag and drop the Olympia shader on top of the color sphere "Multiple Shading Domains". This will apply the shaders onto Victoria.

2) I have also included screen capture of my light settings and also of my render settings.

I hope this help you.

Best Regards

Rendersettings.jpg
    258 x 945 - 148K
    scene_setup.jpg
    1581 x 1004 - 507K
    Olympiascreen.jpg
    1581 x 1004 - 551K
    edited December 2013

I have been having a real blast playing around with 3d painting in Carrara. It's forcing me to actually produce some great UV Mapping techniques to better this goal. I have just taken advantage of your 40% off and bought all of your paint brush packs. The bundle of 1 and 2, and then the third. I can hardly wait until the 26th so I can play! I... I mean... work... yeah... that's what I meant!

Okay. Where I got a lot of inspiration for this is from the Cartoon Network/Lucas Arts Star Wars - The Clone Wars 3d animation masterpiece. My favorite thing ever to hit TV. Anyways, If you do a lot of pause/play like I do, and take serious looks at how the artists create things in this amazing series, you'll see that they keep everything as low in polygon count as possible, but not so low in texture map resolution. They rely heavily on what appear to be hand-painted maps to create the majority of the detail. The look is phenomenal, in my opinion. So I have started trying this technique in Carrara using the 3d paint. It's really great how great this works - with the control we have over the painting tool. I have a strong feeling that these brushed you've made will make this endeavor much better. Especially for those whom don't want that messy, hand painted look, and prefer their stuff to be much more real - which I think these will be perfect for.
    I am planning on using these brushes to make realism texture maps as well as bump and specular, and then, if I want a more painted feel, bring the resulting maps into Dogwaffle, with its amazing particles brushes (bristles) to tweak them up to my liking.

2014 will be when I come back into your store and finish buying ALL of your character shaders. All of them. I'm also collecting all of GKDantas as well. I already have most of Ringo's store in my possession! Woot!!! :)

dp-3dpaintbrushes-iii-large.jpg
    350 x 455 - 33K
    digitalpainters-3dpaint-brushes-vol-ii-large.jpg
    350 x 455 - 47K
    digitalpainters-3dpaint-brushes-large.jpg
    350 x 455 - 38K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

wscottart said:

Here are some helpful hints.

See the screen captures.

1) To use the shaders first select "Actor" from the Instances tab and on also select the Shading tab at the top. Next you will need to drag and drop the Olympia shader on top of the color sphere "Multiple Shading Domains". This will apply the shaders onto Victoria.

2) I have also included screen capture of my light settings and also of my render settings.

I hope this help you.

Best Regards

Very Cool of you Ringo!
    As far as the optimed shaders go for carrara is there a tutorial or something to walk us through using them?After following Ringo's cool example, go in and check out how he has the various shaders set up. Setting up shaders can be fun or a PITA. Either way, they are time consuming. But once you have them set and saved, you'll find that it's incredibly worth either the time you've put in or money spent - either way, any case. Shaders are how to truly excel in Carrara. Shaders and lighting. There's of course a lot more, too... but Shaders and lights must be considered for anything to look right.
    edited December 1969

I have been having a real blast playing around with 3d painting in Carrara. It's forcing me to actually produce some great UV Mapping techniques to better this goal. I have just taken advantage of your 40% off and bought all of your paint brush packs. The bundle of 1 and 2, and then the third. I can hardly wait until the 26th so I can play! I... I mean... work... yeah... that's what I meant!

Okay. Where I got a lot of inspiration for this is from the Cartoon Network/Lucas Arts Star Wars - The Clone Wars 3d animation masterpiece. My favorite thing ever to hit TV. Anyways, If you do a lot of pause/play like I do, and take serious looks at how the artists create things in this amazing series, you'll see that they keep everything as low in polygon count as possible, but not so low in texture map resolution. They rely heavily on what appear to be hand-painted maps to create the majority of the detail. The look is phenomenal, in my opinion. So I have started trying this technique in Carrara using the 3d paint. It's really great how great this works - with the control we have over the painting tool. I have a strong feeling that these brushed you've made will make this endeavor much better. Especially for those whom don't want that messy, hand painted look, and prefer their stuff to be much more real - which I think these will be perfect for.
    I am planning on using these brushes to make realism texture maps as well as bump and specular, and then, if I want a more painted feel, bring the resulting maps into Dogwaffle, with its amazing particles brushes (bristles) to tweak them up to my liking.

2014 will be when I come back into your store and finish buying ALL of your character shaders. All of them. I'm also collecting all of GKDantas as well. I already have most of Ringo's store in my possession! Woot!!! :)

Greetings Dartanbeck!!!

3DPaint brushes and Dogwaffle so make a great combination there are so many uses for 3D paint from painting buildings to alien skins and so much more.

2014 is going to bring lots more shaders, scenes, dynamic hair sets and lots more to the Carrara.

Thanks for the support!

Regards

edited December 1969

Olympia 6 and Michael 6 render in Carrara 8.5 Pro.

OlympiaMichea6.jpg
    1000 x 712 - 217K
    edited December 1969

Excellent shaders, Ringo! You are the master! <<em>Dartanbeck bows in respect to his mentor>

I seriously do not wish to derail... but to enhance, since part of this thread includes a whole store sale!
    But I have to say:
    I haven't yet had the chance to play with these brushes yet - but wow! There are a lot of them! This is really going to be cool - painting my models within Carrara - fun too!
    Also, having recently purchased nearly all of your material shader packs, I just have to report how incredibly happy I am to own these. The way you use so many of the various nodes available to achieve the effect is brilliant, and an excellent tool for better learning how to make my own shaders! Well, sort of. Instead of starting from scratch, I like to begin with yours - and tweak from there - if I even need to, as often I never have to. Did you make some of the original shaders that come with Carrara's Browser? You certainly know your nodes pallet. Like the Silver Plating metal shader... so cool how that works. Just a tiny example from an ocean of available shaders.

I hope that you can tell you've made a happy customer from me... because I am very happy! If I ever sound otherwise, I have typed incorrectly.

Now, in addition to all of these extraordinary shaders I have well over a hundred new brushes to help me to paint my own texture maps that I can even use within these procedural shaders for an enormous variation of effects. I find it really cool how we can change the size and opacity, use falloff or not, and so on, to really detail any model. In some shaders, the color or the bump settings are not the main effect maker - but it more relies on highlights, reflection and other channels. Painting into color and/or bump can really add individualization to these.

Ringo, you're giving me a whole new arena to play in - and I'm loving it!
    Thank You, my friend!

edited December 1969

Bummer that I have to call it a night. I had just a few minutes to fly up here and try out some brushes on a test mesh. I love them! Exactly what I wanted. I already had the Ron's Scratches set that GKDantas converted to Carrara Brushes and sells under his name here at DAZ, which will work really great with these brushes too. Very cool! Now the trick will be to actually fall asleep after trying (and really liking!!!) these.

Great stuff, Ringo!

edited December 1969

Olympia 6 and Michael 6 with Carrara Shaders render in Carrara 8.5 Pro

OlympiaMichea6_1.jpg
    1000 x 712 - 176K
  • wscottartwscottart Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

I dont recall where or why, but in the Global Illumination tab It was suggested to uncheck interpolation and check light through transparency. That really made my image with the Olympia shaders pop. Nude figure (CuryRose) so not posted here at Daz. I am really having fun with this shader in Carrara.

edited December 1969

wscottart said:
    I dont recall where or why, but in the Global Illumination tab It was suggested to uncheck interpolation and check light through transparency. That really made my image with the Olympia shaders pop. Nude figure (CuryRose) so not posted here at Daz. I am really having fun with this shader in Carrara.

Hi,

I am glad you are having fun with the shaders.

Best Regards

edited December 1969

This is the beauty of Carrara 8.5 Pro in that we can loaded Genesis 2 figures, pose them, apply shaders, dynamic hair, edit shaders, animate the figures and render them in a super high quality render engine. Plus Carrara will continue to get better.
    It is so much fun to use and it is very productive.

V6M6Carrara.jpg
    1920 x 1054 - 589K
    edited December 1969

This is the beauty of Carrara 8.5 Pro in that we can loaded Genesis 2 figures, pose them, apply shaders, dynamic hair, edit shaders, animate the figures and render them in a super high quality render engine. Plus Carrara will continue to get better.
    It is so much fun to use and it is very productive.
    I totally agree - and that's an excellent image! I love how you did that!