2D Pict textures have gray area in masked sections

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi all,
Using Bryce 7.1 and seeing some strange things I was hoping someone could help me with. Basically, I have a 2d picture that i want to use as a 2D Pict object in my rendering. I have an image, and a mask to go with it. I applied both in the materials editor and i see the background disappear to the checked back, indicating it should be "gone" or transparent.

However, in renders, I'm actually seeing the entire box with a very light gray transparency to it. The part I want to see is solid and visible, but all of the masked parts are a very light gray. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way around this? Any help would be appreciated.

Please see the pic below and note the square around the woman (I know it's a lousy pic, but the lines are obvious!). This is what I expect to be "gone".

Thanks,
Ashish

Screen_Shot_2013-12-17_at_1.25_.59_PM_.png
401 x 439 - 57K

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you tick to ''Blend Transparency'' the arrow next to the pic editor in the materials lab

• edited December 2013

Blend transparency is checked. Without it checked, I see the entire white background of the original picture.
    I also tried the other options (light, fuzzy) and neither just seemed to remove the masked portion as I would expect.
    Thanks for the quick response!

Post edited by plaid_hippo_d7b5efea6d on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK, next question, are you sure that the black part of the mask is 100% pure black.

DO you have any ambience on the pic object?