Update Cart Issues And More

PJ3D_1652018PJ3D_1652018 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been having a number of problem since DAZ upgraded and missing out on sales because your Add To Cart isn't working right and I have had enough. There as only been a little luck for me adding to cart but there is alot of unluck of adding to cart when I want the product. Alot of time when I press Add To Cart it just reloads the page and not added to the cart and this is no good. Am I login when adding, yes, am I pressing the button right, yes (just click), so the question is why isn't it working right?
Another question/s that is bugging me:
How come there is no date when the sale ends, this was on the older version of DAZ and it helped?
How come there is no Vendor to press on anymore to see what other products that Vendor has done?
How come your search function can't search products right?
I am not the only one who dislikes your new DAZ site, the older version worked alot more better than this one and easyer to use, so why did you upgrade the cool site into a worse site?

Comments

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi PJ3D, I know the site can be frustrating right now but Daz3d is working very hard to sort everything out. In the meantime you can find the answer to your questions in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2055_98/

Also although it may be inconvenient, have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies before trying to shop in the store? Also maybe you could try moving something to your wishlist and then moving it to the shopping cart?

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Also, what browser are you using? Trust me, it's a factor. Up until very recently I used Google Chrome and had no problems adding, removing, or checking out items in my Cart. However, sudden occurrences on my system because of the browser caused me to resort to Mozilla FireFox (Nightly Beta) and just today I experienced my first Cart issue.

• PJ3D_1652018PJ3D_1652018 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi PJ3D, I know the site can be frustrating right now but Daz3d is working very hard to sort everything out. In the meantime you can find the answer to your questions in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2055_98/

Also although it may be inconvenient, have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies before trying to shop in the store? Also maybe you could try moving something to your wishlist and then moving it to the shopping cart?

Thanks for the link, that does help. I have cleared my browser cache & cookies but the add to cart doesn't work good like to old open use to be. Moving from wishlist to cart does help a bit. I do hope this all get fixed soon but I'll just keep on trying ;)

Also, what browser are you using? Trust me, it's a factor. Up until very recently I used Google Chrome and had no problems adding, removing, or checking out items in my Cart. However, sudden occurrences on my system because of the browser caused me to resort to Mozilla FireFox (Nightly Beta) and just today I experienced my first Cart issue.

I use FireFox and adding to cart on other sites work fine, just DAZ is a bit of a pain since the upgrade.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited July 2012

PJ3D said:
    I use FireFox and adding to cart on other sites work fine, just DAZ is a bit of a pain since the upgrade.

I know, it's just that the announcements updated the issue claiming that witching browsers corrects the issue...
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

I'm having another problem, this time in checking out/paying for. I've got an item in my cart and I want to pay for it but it keeps saying ''Payer is not identified.'' I'm using PayPal and the product I'm trying to pay for is Creation Machine by Midnight_Stories, it took me sometime to get it into my cart now I can't seem to pay for it, what's going on, if I miss another bargain just because of DAZ not working right, I'm going to scream and and, well you'll find out.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215
    edited December 1969

Sometimes just going back to the beginning wil help. Worst case you may need to remove and re add it - try logging out and then logging in before you try that, in case the issue is that the site isn't sure you are here.

edited December 1969

After trying 16 times it finally worked, this is getting on my nerves. Who had the idea to changing the whole site, I mean it's a good idea to change the graphics on the site but never a good idea to change the function/system of the site.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215
    edited December 1969

The old code was becoming impossible to maintain. The plan was that moving to a new, standard, code base would make it less of a nightmare.