Bullet Physics/Chemistry

2»

Comments

1. You can certainly group objects together and apply physics to the group - BUT NOT the individual objects therein to get them to bounce around together;
    2. You can also parent objects and apply physics to the parent - BUT NOT the child objects too
    3.  You can apply SOME modifiers to the child objects and they will work also - BUT ONLY those that modify the shape and not position: Bend and Twist; Bulge; Explode; Formula; Punch; Stretch; Complex Deformations - Atomize, Black Hole, Dissolve, Spherical Morph, Spike; Warp; Waves - ... NOT the behavioural ones that will move an object.

Have fun experimenting...

image/p>

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    edited August 2019

Hi hrpschrd,

My spheres are vertex objects.

I made them as a single vertex object, two spheres in the same object slightly pushed together. This was a new test after you told me you had spheres 'grouped' together' Originally they were all single spheres.

I think I mentioned a few posts ago I am no expert in Physics Simulations. I gave a link earlier in the thread to a tutorial -  it's dense reading. Here it is again: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23632/bullet-physics-tutorial

de3an's file works perfectly with default settings, I confirmed that when I downloaded and tested his scene. I then changed the settings in my own scene to default settings and it worked. I only changed the deafult settings originally in my own scene becasue initially there were some problems. I don't know why.

At this point I can't think of any reason why your scene is not working. It would be great if you could upload your scene so we can take a look at it. I included instructions a few posts above on how to do that.

Hope you get it working,
    Cheers

edited to clarify: this was a new test after I learned you were using 2 spheres 'grouped' together.

Post edited by DesertDude on

WATER ATOM animation

WaterSWISH by Selinita

WATER ATOM still

WATER ATOM construction

Physics ONLY applied to parent "Water" to keep group together during simulation... (see comment above)

Simples!

IDEAS

1.  You could now convert your physics driven animation to key'd motion and turn your attention to the individual elements within each WATER 'atom' using a spin modifier for an interesting animation...
    2. Over to you...
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    edited August 2019

Wow FENgari, that's mind bogglingly cool! Thanks for the explanantions.

Post edited by DesertDude on
  • hrpschrdhrpschrd Posts: 179

I have it (de3an's version) working, but how can I slow it down or speed it up? Seems like the directional force is driving the motion. I tried changing the x,y, and z and scales of that force but it is still way too fast.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    hrpschrd said:

I have it (de3an's version) working, but how can I slow it down or speed it up? Seems like the directional force is driving the motion. I tried changing the x,y, and z and scales of that force but it is still way too fast.

Is there a distance per second that can be adjust down? For instance, when I need something using scene gravity to slow down, I lower the amount of gravity.

• hrpschrdhrpschrd Posts: 179
    edited August 2019

Good idea, but adjusting gravity from -385 ft/s2 (normal) to -10 ft/s2 doesn't make a difference. I also looked at speed but there is only initial velocity for all of the objects. 

By the way, I notice that I have only 12 spheres but when the animation is running there are almost twice that many I can see in the animation. Changing the frame rate from 6 to 24 doesn't change that either. Why am I getting all the intermediate images of the moving spheres but not a larger object (a larger molecule in the middle)? (Changing "show frames" doesn't matter.) Perhaps this is an artifact of my spheres moving too darn fast?

Is it possible to adjust the speed of the animation in the render output or even after render?

Post edited by hrpschrd on
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited August 2019

For this animation (you are looking at two different camera angles,) I used a DIRECTIONAL FORCE of 0.06/s^2 (found under General TAB) which I spun around using a spin modifier (0.33-Y) which starts at 1.30 seconds. There is no SCENE gravity applied.
       Physics text animated using bones - someone was talking about that recently?

PhysicsLong by Selinita PhysicsShort by Selinita

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

was looking for thread on the jiggle plug in ?