Store Suggestion

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited September 2019 in Product Suggestions

In the list of figures we can isolate things by, Can we get choices of "DAZ Dog 8", DAZ Horse 2" and the like? :)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

...and a sort by rendering engine...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

You mean 'store" suggestion, right?

I would think there are not enough addons for each to really justify the Dog 8 or the Horse 2 categories.

As for render engine, I would be cool with that since i never use 3Delight, but so many products have files for both and with all the converters there are and with so many 3delight products workng fine in iray (in my experience) it really isn't that black and white.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    As for render engine, I would be cool with that since i never use 3Delight, but so many products have files for both and with all the converters there are and with so many 3delight products workng fine in iray (in my experience) it really isn't that black and white.

Clearly identifying which render engines are supported out of the box would be useful, though. It's not always easy to see in product descriptions as different vendors have different ways to list it, and on older products it's not mentioned at all since Iray didn't exist at the time, which can be confusing for new users.

• Forum suggestion or store suggestion?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Yes, sorry. Store suggestion. :)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I would think there are not enough addons for each to really justify the Dog 8 or the Horse 2 categories.

Personally, I don't see that as relevant. If you're looking for add-ons to a particular character, no matter how obscure, why not make it easier to find? The ability to type a character name into the sort filter already exists, so why not keep the default categories the way they are and open up the filter to whatever one might want to search for? As an additional counterpoint, it can be annoying searching for, say, "dragon", and having to go into nearly every single product page to find out whether it's an add-on to Daz Dragon 3 or a stand-alone.

• RKane, changed the title to reflect your actual suggestion.

RKane, changed the title to reflect your actual suggestion.

You are too kind. :)

Gordig said:

Personally, I don't see that as relevant. If you're looking for add-ons to a particular character, no matter how obscure, why not make it easier to find? The ability to type a character name into the sort filter already exists, so why not keep the default categories the way they are and open up the filter to whatever one might want to search for? As an additional counterpoint, it can be annoying searching for, say, "dragon", and having to go into nearly every single product page to find out whether it's an add-on to Daz Dragon 3 or a stand-alone.

yeah, what he said. :)

Also, how many do there need to be to gain a slot? Freak 5 only has 16 products. 16!

Daz Dog 8 has that alone in accessories and poses, I believe, not to mention Breeds/Characters.

edited September 2019

I would also love a designation for Non-figures to isolate out things that have NOTHING to do with individual figures. Like one for "Props only" or "Environments/Sets" only; or even "Interior sets" and "Exterior sets"

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    RKane_1 said:

I would also love a designation for Non-figures to isolate out things that have NOTHING to do with individual figures. Like one for "Props only" or "Environments/Sets" only; or even "Interior sets" and "Exterior sets"

I'd really like that.  I usually filter for characters, and often wish there was a filter for sets and props.  Oh, and utilities.  While we're at it, allow us to filter for 3DL and Iray.  Some of us only use one or the other, and only convert when we have no alternative.

• To search without figures would be a Godsend 

also search without textures or just textures 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Honestly, the number one thing the store needs is the same thing the forums need: just switch to better software.

Gordig said:

Honestly, the number one thing the store needs is the same thing the forums need: just switch to better software.

I mean you can do lots of the usual forum posting stuff, and the collapsed quotes save some real estate, but it would be nice to be able to embed YT videos in posts, or be able to drag and drop images, although the options on the current image insertion window are pretty nice.  I guess the big problem with changing the store software would be the sheer size of the catalogue, and having to put up with us riff-raff complaining that something is tagged wrong.  And it's all money.  If resources are limited I'd prefer they would be spent on DS development.  What wouldn't cost a lot is having someone double check promo pages for clarity and accuracy, though.

I think it would be great if the store also had an option to EXCLUDE figures in a search. Like I want to see everything BUT m4 and v4 stuff or I want to weed out Genesis as well or whatever. I think that would rock. :)

• Sevrin said:
    Gordig said:

I mean you can do lots of the usual forum posting stuff, and the collapsed quotes save some real estate, but it would be nice to be able to embed YT videos in posts, or be able to drag and drop images, although the options on the current image insertion window are pretty nice.  I guess the big problem with changing the store software would be the sheer size of the catalogue, and having to put up with us riff-raff complaining that something is tagged wrong.  And it's all money.  If resources are limited I'd prefer they would be spent on DS development.  What wouldn't cost a lot is having someone double check promo pages for clarity and accuracy, though.

It's not intuitive but you can inser YouTube videos in posts

you need to click souce then paste in the link

• My store improvement suggestions:

1.) I'd love if I could hide bundles (that I already have). While there is an option for exact purchases, I still get shown bundles, where I have every single item in it, because I sold them separately. That's annoying. Even if I have the Michael 8 pro bundle, I still get shown the starter bundle. So hiding those bundles, where I have all content and a note if I have at least a part of the content would be nice.

2.) More than one wishlist: I'd like to have different wishlists to be able to sort things better for my personal priority.

3.) Especially as a Newbie I found it hard to identify and find the core figures and their starter and pro bundles (and the relating hd add-ons) as I didn't know their names. I really would make them easier to find for beginners. I'd suggest an own banner core figures and bundles.

Sevrin said:
    Gordig said:

It's not intuitive but you can inser YouTube videos in posts

you need to click souce then paste in the link

Nice.  Also very cool video!

bjoernb78 said:

My store improvement suggestions:

1.) I'd love if I could hide bundles (that I already have). While there is an option for exact purchases, I still get shown bundles, where I have every single item in it, because I sold them separately. That's annoying. Even if I have the Michael 8 pro bundle, I still get shown the starter bundle. So hiding those bundles, where I have all content and a note if I have at least a part of the content would be nice.

2.) More than one wishlist: I'd like to have different wishlists to be able to sort things better for my personal priority.

3.) Especially as a Newbie I found it hard to identify and find the core figures and their starter and pro bundles (and the relating hd add-ons) as I didn't know their names. I really would make them easier to find for beginners. I'd suggest an own banner core figures and bundles.

Here are the core figures

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-core-figures

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    bjoernb78 said:

You can do both of these with the Daz Deals browser add-on

• Leana said:
    bjoernb78 said:

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know such a usefull add-on exists. Especially showing the discount in percent in cart is nice. :-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    bjoernb78 said:
    Leana said:
    bjoernb78 said:

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know such a usefull add-on exists. Especially showing the discount in percent in cart is nice. :-)

Also the price history is great for seeing how low it has been on sale in the past and when.