Aligning vertices for welding

dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
edited December 2013 in Carrara Discussion

How do I align the mesh and vertices so the vertices occupy the same coordinates as the bottom mesh for welding. Hexagon has snap/align makes it a breeze. thanks for any tips. I can align them and weld with a lot of addition and subtraction but very tedious

Screen_shot_2013-12-19_at_3.50_.30_PM_.png
487 x 504 - 383K
Screen_shot_2013-12-19_at_3.35_.56_PM_.png
700 x 230 - 30K
Post edited by dot_bat on

Comments

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Have you tries selecting the bottom of the top object and the top of the bottom object, then go to model; Weld and select custom tolerance? Set the custom tolerance high enough to get your points, but not the adjacent points.

ncamp

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

not sure i understand, i want to move the whole top mesh down so the lip of the top one aligns with the lip on the bottom mesh and then weld the 2 lips together. will what you suggest do that?

• PGrePGre Posts: 95
    edited December 2013

1. Make sure you have SNAP TO GRID turned on.

2. Pick a vertex along the edge of the bottom polymesh where you want to join the top polymesh to.

3. CONTROL or COMMAND+Mouse click to select that vertex. Your grid will now be centered on that vertex.

4. Select the entire top polymesh.

5. select the vertex along the edge of the top polymesh that will correspond to the vertex on the bottom polymesh (the one you just centered the grid around. Without letting the mouse button up, drag that vertex on top of the other.

6. Use menu item VIEW->RESET WORKING BOX to put the grid back to it's default.

Post edited by PGre on
  • dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 2013

great, thank you very much, i cant try it now but sounds good pgre. Just used this method, perfect, thanx again pgre

Post edited by dot_bat on