IK for elbow

ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,
I just loaded Hiro 3 into Carrara. I want to lock the elbow so that it doesn't move when I move the chest or the abdomen. I tried to do it in Poser with IK chains. Works quite well. Is there an option in Carrara where I can create IK chains? I tried IK with a Target Helper but I didn't work very well. Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Just to be clear, you mean you don't want IK to cause the arm to move? If you have it at a certain elevation or distance from the body, you want it to stay there. You don't mean you want to keep the elbow from bending, correct?

The elbow isn't the end of the chain, so you may need to change that. Then the target helper may work better. I added an IK Terminator and IK tracking to the forearm. It seemed to help. You can also perhaps change the constraints or lock them.

The thing with the target helper and the tracking that if you move outside the rig's limits, it the tracking can only do so much.

Picture_2.png
    249 x 230 - 32K
    Picture_1.png
    239 x 314 - 24K
  • ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    Thank you for your quick answer to this question. I tried again with your proposition and it seems to work :)
    Thank you.