Kenji 8 wen?

Is there a projected release window for Aiko 8's spear counterpart? Kenji 7 is alright, but I'd rather have a figure that is built specifically to act alongside Aiko 8.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited August 2019

DAZ never gives any ETA on figures, the only hints we ever have that a character will be released is that sometimes a new shape name appears in the "supported shapes" in a new outfit.

Kenji 8 wasn't spotted so far.

Post edited by Leana on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It is doubtful we will get either Kenji 8 or Guy 8.

• jestmart said:

Why do you say that?

• jestmart said:

Why do you say that?

Because according to PAs male characters don't sell well, especially stylized male characters.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

And the amount of time that has passed since Aiko 8 and The Girl 8 came out, if their counterparts where to be released it would have been in a month or two after the release of the ladies.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited August 2019
    jestmart said:

Why do you say that?

Because according to PAs male characters don't sell well, especially stylized male characters.

It's the reason that this store is 3/4 bra and panty sets/generic pretty white girls.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

There is a semi-confirmed male counterpart to Kanade, supposedly.

• It's the reason that this store is 3/4 bra and panty sets/generic pretty white girls.

Your problem is not even remotely in the same ballpark as mine. Giving a character a race lift in Daz Studio is easy; just change facial proportions through sliders and plug in a new skin color.

Meanwhile, if I want to get a Genesis 8 male that matches Aiko, I have to either stylize a realistic male morph or modify the Aiko morph's body to the point that it can pass as a male morph, both methods which I'm sure are above my skill level and would result in some spectacularly uncanny valley results.

• sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185

Unfortunate, was really hoping for some stylized fellas, particularly was hoping for a Gen 8 'The Guy' at some point but people are right, they just don't sell as well as the ladies to make it worth a PA's time.

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166

I refuse to believe the "not selling well" excuse when they made stuff like Toon Dwayne or Ollie.

Or maybe they made those flops as a experiment and deduced that stylized characters dont sell when nobody asked about those sorry characters in the first place?

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited August 2019

Luca for G8M could replace Kenji

https://www.daz3d.com/luca-for-genesis-8-male

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Noah LGP said:

That's a good spear counterpart for Kanade 8. Aiko 8, not so much.

• sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185
    Noah LGP said:

That's a good spear counterpart for Kanade 8. Aiko 8, not so much.

Yeah Luca there is another case of close but not quite there. Not a bad figure imo. But another case of not anime enough and too doll-like

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,025

Being able to finally use Kenji was one of the reasons I looked forward to RiverSoft's G3M -> G8M converter, and in my experience he transfers pretty well. The only issue is the textures, since he has custom UVs (you'd need this product to use his original textures, I believe). 

• Being able to finally use Kenji was one of the reasons I looked forward to RiverSoft's G3M -> G8M converter, and in my experience he transfers pretty well. The only issue is the textures, since he has custom UVs (you'd need this product to use his original textures, I believe). 

Yeah, I think that's going to be my plan.