Help needed with "Day and Night city" product

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me sort this thing.

I bought this product some time ago:https://www.daz3d.com/night-and-day-city

Well, when I load one of the presets or a single part I can clearly see there are two buildings one inside the other, one fully visible and the other is partially transparent.

How can I have only one building visible? I checked everywhere but I can't find any option about it.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited August 2019

you need the Sparrowhawke plugin listed

http://www.sparrowhawke3d.com/InstanceRandomizerPage.html

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,037

Ah, I'll give it a look! Thanks!

Nothing to do... I installed the plugin but when I load the preset or the single elements I don't see any new option or menu anywhere.
    I'm sure I installed the right one in the right place, according to the manula I should see the new options... What I'm still doing wrong?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

PhilW has a thread in the commercial forum, with a link to a video.  Maybe this will help. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/43991/night-day-city-product-promo-commercial

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

As Wendy said, the semi-transparent parts of the building (like the balconies) are designed to be a variable which is changed by the instance randomizer plugin.

However, if you only want a single building, and don't want to use the randomizer, you can go into the shader room and either delete or "solidify" each transparent part.

also you need to load it fresh not a saved scene from before you installed the plugin

I made that error

Yes, I load it fresh... For example, in an empty scene I load the file "InstaCity1.car" and I can't see any menu or option related to the plugin.
    Same thing if I load the preset form the Menu "Open Preset->PhilW" and select one of the cities, I can't find any option!
    The plugin should be correctly installed since I see the buildings are different from each other when rendering the Preset Scene.

Maybe drop https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/263567/PhilW a message

I only used the preset and I mostly use Octane anyway so not the best one to help

Maybe drop https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/263567/PhilW a message

I only used the preset and I mostly use Octane anyway so not the best one to help

Thanks, I'll try.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited August 2019
    Imago said:

Yes, I load it fresh... For example, in an empty scene I load the file "InstaCity1.car" and I can't see any menu or option related to the plugin.
    Same thing if I load the preset form the Menu "Open Preset->PhilW" and select one of the cities, I can't find any option!
    The plugin should be correctly installed since I see the buildings are different from each other when rendering the Preset Scene.

the options are in the texture room.. select a building and check out the shaders.. it comes in under the colour gradient as Instance Randomiszer

as well as the alpha ... yes

randomiser.jpg
    1790 x 750 - 680K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Imago said:

the options are in the texture room.. select a building and check out the shaders.. it comes in under the colour gradient as Instance Randomiszer

as well as the alpha ... yes

Ah, finally! Thanks Stezza, I never imagine it could be hidden there, the manual says "in the main Shader List or in the Sparrowhawke3D sub-menu", I supposed it should be placed among the other manus in the top.
    I'll try it and see if I can obtain something form it.

ah I misunderstood, knew was in texture room as a shader but did not realise you had not looked there and since a global shader AFAIK it could have differed on props as they need not be random

ah I misunderstood, knew was in texture room as a shader but did not realise you had not looked there and since a global shader AFAIK it could have differed on props as they need not be random

Don't worry, in fact thanks for your kind helping efforts! yes

Now I have only to figure out how to make the various buildings pop out from the presets and export them as OBJ keeping that apperance. Carrara's material system in pretty complex for me. cheekyblush