How do I get the Victoria 6 HD morphs to show? I have it and it looks pretty plain and flat. =]

moon_babymoon_baby Posts: 41

OK, I have the new Victoria 6 HD which is a standalone from the Creature HD, right? I don't need the Creature HD for the Victoria 6 HD to work. I also have the newest version of Studio 4.6.1.39, so that's installed properly. I upgraded the G2 Female Essentials just in case that got updated. So I would seem to be solid on the upgrades.

So why is it when I clicked on the Victoria 6 HD (it defaults with the Anna texture) it looks the same as the standard Victoria 6 as far as detail. It doesn't stand out in anyway like the promo pictures. Absolutely not. I 've done test renders and it's pretty flat. It looks just like plain Victoria 6. I've looked for a special HD morphs dial. Can't seem to find such a thing. I do have ZEVO's dials but that's not the HD In the promos. The knees are pretty plain and flat. So my question is how do I get the HD morphs to show? What am I not doing right? :red:

Also is the Anna texture the one they use in the promos? OK, that's all. ;-P

Thank you for anyone stopping in to read this and helping. You're awesome. :cheese:

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 2013

Are u running Ds 32bit or 64bit? Hd morphs only work with 64bit. The hd dials should appear under shaping\ full body\ people where v6 dial is located. Somewhere there. To see the hd details, do a render without any textures on the figure, one with and one without the hd morph dialled. You should then see the difference it makes to the mesh more clearly. Then try in a scene with figure textures. Results vary depending on your lighting in the scene. Perhaps post a render so we can see?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • moon_babymoon_baby Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Wow, you'r'e the ZEVO! Cool! :lol:I have almost all of your morphs, I think, :cheese: Well, yes, I am using 64 bit WIndows 8. My computer stats in case it matters, is a Quad Core 3.6ghz with 16 gigs of RAM. It's the standard rendering machine. My video card is a 1.5 gig Nvidia (cuda enabled) so everything I see in the viewport is crystal clear. If there was an HD, I would notice.

I knew where to find the Victoria 6 HD slider in the Body section and it's on, has been. It defaults at a 100%, so that's not the problem. I thought there were more morphs in a special slot that accentuated the points they promo-ed, like the way your morphs work. I couldn't find them so I guess there isn't any. Victoria HD defaults at full potential. I uploaded two samples one without any morphs added, just Victoria 6's out of the box and on the other I added your knee morphs to both dolls. In the picture without the morphs you can see the knees are pretty bland and pretty identical, considering one is supposed to be hi-def. They're both flat, no shape. With your ZEVO morphs added to the knees, you can clearly see they look more realistic on both dolls. Very nice morphs by the way.;-) But I bought the HD, so I expect to have it show without your morphs.:roll: The HD morphs for the knees are fantastic in the promos but I don't see them here. The lights I used are Age of Armours Advanced ambient lights with AO and one uber spot on raytrace. It's just a quickie render, max a few minutes. The AO would have picked up any shadows in the skin. Are there better lights to use? But see, it shouldn't matter.>:( The morph textures aren't based on UV so I shouldn't need great lights to get the ripples in the skin to show. These are real morphs that when you turn sideways will have texture lumps and valleys, not appear flat like UVs do. So...are you telling me HD Victoria 6 is kind of...anemic?%-P More hype and photoshop enhancement than reality?

So how do I render Victioria 6 without a texture? I've always wanted to know how to do that.:lol: I see everyone else doing that, rendering in grey scale, textureless. I suppose that's the quickest way for me to see if the morphs are there like in their promos. Maybe I need a better texture? Although this is supposed to be HD so unless there's another V6 HD I don't see another texture being better.

Hey, thank you for this! Wow, I have "the" Zevo helping me work out my probs. Ha! What a Christmas present.:lol: Thank you, for real. And if I don't hear from you, Have a wonderful, Merry Christmas, to you and all your kin.:-)

Vic_6_HD_and_V6_without_Zevo.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 741K
    V6_HD_and_V6_Original_with_Zevo.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 134K
  • moon_babymoon_baby Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Whoops the titles don't show, so the first picture is with Zevo Morphs and the second picture is without the Zevo morphs. The point of adding the Zevo morphs was to show how nice knee caps look with morphs. The V6 HD looks the same as the V6 Non-HD with no Zevos applied. V6 HD is the one in the leopard bikini. Can you tell the difference?

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

moon_baby said:

So how do I render Victioria 6 without a texture? I've always wanted to know how to do that.:lol: I see everyone else doing that, rendering in grey scale, textureless. I suppose that's the quickest way for me to see if the morphs are there like in their promos. Maybe I need a better texture? Although this is supposed to be HD so unless there's another V6 HD I don't see another texture being better.

Here's how do do that :)

After opening the scene (pic 1), put your cursor over to the top right of the frame and the Draw options menu will appear (pic 2, 2a), Click the ball for the dropdown menu (pic 3, 3a)

3a_Koichi_Draw_Style_options_menu_dropdown_closeup.png
    371 x 359 - 15K
    3_Koichi_Draw_Style_options_menu_dropdown.png
    1920 x 1023 - 588K
    2a_Koichi_Draw_Style_options_menu_closeup.png
    439 x 287 - 17K
    2_Koichi_Draw_Style_options_menu.png
    1920 x 1020 - 577K
    1_Koichi_default_view.png
    1920 x 1022 - 577K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 2013

Then choose the option from the dropdown menu. Wireframe (pic 4) or Smooth Shaded (pic 5), which is what you're looking for, I think. Texture Shaded will restore the scene to what it was :)

Hope this helps!

5_Koichi_Smooth_Shaded.png
    1920 x 1019 - 585K
    4_Koichi_wireframe.png
    1920 x 1022 - 441K
    Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 2013

Hi Moon_Baby. To remove textures do the following. Go to the surface tab, choose skin and on the diffuse channel, change from multiply to none. You can do this for bump and displacement if you wish as well. Then do renders with no lights in the scene to see all the mesh detail. Hope this helps and have a merry Christmas:) See attachment pics.

2.jpg
    1434 x 1042 - 258K
    1.jpg
    1436 x 1036 - 260K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2013

Here is an HD comparison, one with and one without the morph dialled. Alternatively if you wish to see the HD details before you render, simply change the sub-division level under mesh resolution to 3. You will have to set that as the limit since by default 2 is max:)

hd_compare.jpg
    1512 x 1300 - 182K
    Post edited by Zev0 on