Using the DAZ Studio Bridge to export animation frames one at a time to Bryce

rnollmanrnollman Posts: 310
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I created a short animation in Bryce of a ballet dancer with 30 frames, one keyframe at the beginning and one at the end. The timeline works beautifully to create the animation. However, I was only able to use the DAZ 3D Bridge to export the dancer object (V6) for the first frame. When I tried to export another frame, I got an out of memory error. I want to move to various poses in the animation in the timeline and export each object to Bryce so I can render a still image in Bryce. After saving and rendering each separate object (.br7 file, image file, and a saved object), I want to advance the frame in the DAZ Studio Timeline and repeat the process for the next frame. What is the best way to do this? Can I save a frame in the Timeline as a pose?

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

As far as I know, the only way to do what you want to do is to set up each frame as a separate document, otherwise you'll end up with what is in effect, 30 V6s... Which will give you an out of memory error.

Hope this helps.

• rnollmanrnollman Posts: 310
    edited December 1969

I actually figured out how to do it after I posted the question. All I had to do was create a pose preset for each frame that had the figure object I wanted to export to Bryce via the DAZ 3D Bridge. I selected the figure object, the ballet dancer, and created a pose preset for every third frame. Then I selected each pose preset and exported the figure object to Bryce. At first, I just rendered each figure object in Bryce and then saved the output to a file. Then I would delete the object from Bryce and do another import of another DAZ frame. But then I decided to not delete the objects from Bryce and keep all the poses in the same Bryce view so I had all the stages of the ballet dancer poses all in one frame and rendered it with a really interesting result.