Import Millennium Subdragon into Carrara 8.5 Pro

JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have been experiencing some weird things in trying to import Millennium Subdragon in to Carrara 8.5 Pro.

It seems that some morphs don't transfer when I try to open the .DUF file in Carrara. You can see the differences in the attached images.

Has anyone else had these problems or know of a fix?

CarraraTest01.jpg
960 x 540 - 89K
DAZTEST01.jpg
960 x 540 - 84K

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Since the Sub Dragon is not a Genesis figure, you may have better luck loading it from the Content Browser instead of importing a DUF.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited December 1969

Thanks EvilProducer,
    Your suggestion worked great. The morphs where available once I loaded the figure from the content browser. Now I just need to apply the NLA I made from the DAZ studio aniblocks to that figure =)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Glad I could help. I've been feeling as if I've been on a dry streak lately as I don't have C8.5 and Genesis. My knowledge is getting a little outdated, like me. :)

edited December 2013

Thanks again for the suggestions and help.

This is a revision to my first experiment with particle fire that collides with objects in Carrara 8.5.

I learned a lot on this experiment. First, I discovered that it is best to load Millennium SubDragon into Carrara from the content folder to get all the body morphs correct. Then apply it to an imported Millennium SubDragon from daz studio animated with Mill SubDragon Animation Max Set (http://www.medhueanimations.com/products/subdragon-animation-presets) as a conforming figure.

I also learned to turn particle calculation off for the emitters in 3d mode to help smooth the animation process. Then I added a conforming skeleton to the figure for some fun.

Thanks for looking.

View the animation on YOUTUBE.COM by clicking here.

DragonFire01.jpg
    633 x 570 - 185K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Very cool, indeed!

edited December 1969

Thanks Dartanbeck
    Playing with your dB Animation Kit 1 for Millennium Dragon 2 (http://www.daz3d.com/db-animation-kit-1-for-millennium-dragon-2) has really helped me understand Carrara better.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Cool. I'm glad.
    That product is the result of Carrara animation, all the other files come from that. All just keyed in by hand.

I love Carrara for key framing! Getting used to your favorite tweeners for all manner of different situations - and making sure that they stay set like that - was the big thing for me. That grew my passion for how simple, yet complex Carrara can be with this stuff, while having such a beautiful slide and tweak timeline and all of its great tools, but also how easy I find it to animate my way - which uses no Inverse Kinematics at all - except from my mind. I rotate the joints by hand and place the hip where it needs to be throughout the animation sequence. Carrara is so happy to let you throw down anything that might help you see what you want to do, without bogging down or even having any limits to 'what' you put down.