Space-craft & Aircraft brushes

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Sometimes I need some spacecraft for the distance postwork. I'd love some brushes to make this happen (much like Ron's birds).

Comments

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

You mean something like in pic 1?
    There are even two or three Windows fonts, but not very useful.

Why don't you type airplanes+png in Google Images (not plain Google)
    The result is in pic 2.

Airplanes02.jpg
    980 x 570 - 81K
    Airplanes01.jpg
    700 x 410 - 25K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Or do Google Search for Spaceship Brushes Photoshop but do a Item search as mine was a Image search.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    You mean something like in pic 1?
    There are even two or three Windows fonts, but not very useful.

Why don't you type airplanes+png in Google Images (not plain Google)
    The result is in pic 2.

I need it for commercial use licensing. I prefer content I purchase for this reason.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,954
    edited December 2013

render a spaceship as a png?

stinger.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

render a spaceship as a png?

good suggestion. I may try that wendy. =-)

I still think there must be a market though for a product like this. =-)

edited December 1969

As I posted above the Brushes do exist already, both as free brushes and as Paid for brushes for Photoshop. The fact they exist and can be bought might be a reason other artist have not made other sets. Why spend your time creating something done before if you might not see a value for time spent as a return in your sales? And as noted any item can be rendered as a png and then used as a brush. I just do not see a Published Artist taking the time to create a brush set of this if the sales will not meet the same level they could get from a fully custom item. I'm not saying I would not like to see more sets offered, just that I do not see it meeting the needs of a artist in today's market as far as income is concerned.

edited December 1969

Well, I just thought it would be something nice, that others might like as well.

Perhaps this still has some commercial viability if combined with hmm. Stars and other celestial objects.

I did check out the free brushes, but nothing takes my fancy Jaderail. I will take your advice and attempt to make my own.

edited December 2013

Well to me the drawback is that you need all the ships to use and if they were made by other artist it would be a big PITA to follow the EULA on some items just to get a good variety of brushes. It's very do able but is it cost effective?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Petipet would have it made I think. =-)

Well, you have two levels I think you would want.

1. The really tiny ones that you would want for distance work. Sort of like Deviney's birds. There really isn't an outdoor scene that can't be enhanced by adding something up in the empty sky and an artist could draw them since they don't have extreme detail just some form and definition. You could have them in formation, flying solo, at different angles etc.

2. The bigger more defined objects would have to have more detail. and there is the rub you mention, but this category could also include other orbiting/flying things, like planets, asteroids, moons, which could be done fairly easily.

If you wanted to make it more universal, make it a celestrial object/science fiction pack. Include moons, stars, distant tiny space vessels, satellites, vehicles and tiny flying critters.

I purchased a space pack at Content Paradise, and while I wouldn't use the brushes large scale, adding an extra moon, or an asteroid using a brush really made it easy to enhance my skies. While I agree there is licensing issues using existing models, and you better than I know more about the cost effectiveness of this endeavou... Perhaps this might be achievable by widening the scope of content included?

edited December 1969

I could very easily create a Moons planets brush set, I have a plugin that can generate random ones on the fly in one of my 2D prgs. Now if we had a free use Ship generator that would solve the problem on the spot.

edited December 2013

I certainly would pick up a brush set which contained well-done , planets, moons and stars, especially stars as there is a lack of simple star patterns. This could have fantasy application as well, because fantasy artists need to spice up their skylines as well.

I love the look of low hanging moons in the sky, and if they could be done with eclipse patterns as well, even better.

The image here, is a simple brush, but the tiny ships are petipets shrunk down to nothingness so I could put something buzzing around up there.

The smaller moon came with Ron's Sci-fi optical flares. I'm not entirely sure it is a moon, but It looked good so I added it.

final-banner2.jpg
    815 x 315 - 207K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

Just a Few fast ones... Converting to brushes is the work and other sizes are easy. But anyone can buy this plugin.

Example003.png
    600 x 600 - 424K
    Example002.png
    600 x 600 - 360K
    Example001.png
    600 x 600 - 127K
    Example.png
    600 x 600 - 347K
    edited December 1969

Here is a 1920x1080 I made for my Windows Backdrop just for fun. All plugin generated.

Example004.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Wow! Awesome Jaderail! Which plugin? Did I miss you mentioning it by name. That looks so good and your render is awesome.. Me WANT! =-)

edited December 1969

You did not miss it. Here you go. Those were done with the Flaming Pear stellar pack it includes LunarCell, SolarCell and Glitterato plugins. They work in all versions of PSP and PS that I know of and come for both Mac and PC.

edited December 1969

That looks really cool! I've not seen that before. I'll have to pick it up. The website is a bit sparse. you say you can use commercially? that's wonderful. Thanks Jaderail =-)

edited December 2013

At this Time that is the Issue. I'm waiting on a Reply from them to Fully cover usage rights. In your art is fine even of sale but just generating for SALE or free is the info I need.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Stefan Morrell (Stonemason around these parts, I believe) has this freebie on his site: Dystopian Skytraffic.

http://stefan-morrell.com/

(I can't link directly, it's in the Downloads section.) Low-poly flying vehicles. Might be useful in creating some brush sets - I've used them to create some custom .png files for my own use.