Axis manipulator not center in model room

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello

I have a big problem using model room
For some models, the axis manipulator is not in the center of the selection
for example if only one egde is selected, the axis manipulator is far away of the edge
That is trouble me for modeling
Is an other sample in the following picture with one polygon selected

Thanks for your help
http://s5.postimg.org/4q54g4kqf/Bug_Modeliseur.jpg

Bug_Modeliseur.jpg
1523 x 777 - 119K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

It's an Open GL thing, or something. No biggie. You're not seeing the manipulator at all in your screen shot. What you need to do at this point, is switch to a different manipulator and back again. This happens to me only for the translation tool. So I go to scale (S) and back to translate (T). The othe times it won't show up as a centered manipulator is if you have a special tool selected that is awaiting input from you. Just switch back to either Rotate (R), Scale, or Translate to get it back. And then there's always the handy Universal Manipulator.

Another handy thing in the Carrara Model room, is that you may set the manipulation axis of the selection to three very different settings:
    Default is World, where you move along actual x, y, and z according to 3d space
    Camera, where you move along the axis of the camera
    Selection, sets the manipulator to whatever is selected - which can have different results when only a line or a point are selected - which you may adjust by using the universal manipulator

• edited December 1969

Thanks for your answer

I have finaly found the problem
    The problem is when the model is too big and you want yo modelize details
    (in the sample the entrance of pyramid of few meters versus the pyramid of more than 200 meters)
    The solution is to separate the two parts of the model
    I use Ctrl-D to duplicate the model, in the first I delete the entrance and in the second I delete the rest of pyramid

But the entrance was always not center in the axis manipulator
    Then I selected all (Ctrl-A), move all to the center, and the problem is solved
    When I select one edge (point), the manipulator is on the point and not far away

The problem seem that Carrara can't manage big model with very far away of the center
    I don't know why
    I would like a tool to manipulate the manipulator like to choose the position and even the direction
    That can make easier the modeling something like Sketchup....

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 2013

If you hit the Caps Lock key, you can move the hot point anywhere you want. Just make sure to press it again to move the object.

You can also go into the motion tab and press the Hot Point to obj button and it will move to the center.

ncamp

edit: Never mind, I did not notice you said the model room.

Post edited by ncamp on
  • edited December 1969

That will be a good idea if the functionnality capslocks works also in the model room

Somethink like ctrl-click on edge to put manipulator and ctrl-click on vertex to change direction on the manipulator will be very usefull...