Hexagon Closes When Exporting File

My Hexagon will hard close without any warning when I go to export a file.

The file in question loads properly can be handled without issues. As soon as I go to export the program just hard closes. I does not matter what format I try and export it in. I also can not share it to Daz.

2019-08-25 20_36_33-Hexagon Version 2.5.2.109.png
1126 x 862 - 864K

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I have to wonder given the struggles you've had with this file, if maybe there aren't some issues in the geometry. In particular, many modeling programs will choke on non-manifold faces. This is when one (or more) vertices of a face cross through another face. These can sometimes be tricky things to find as the vertex misplacement can be very small.

From the Selection menu, there are a couple of options that may help identify topology issues:

• Select non-planar faces: Will select faces that are twisted compared to their neighbors.
    • Select non-manifold edges: Will detect places where an edge is shared by more than 2 polygons

The first one in particular can help with identifying where one (or more) of the vertices on your face are out of alignment with the rest of the polygon.

• JonnyRay said:

I have to wonder given the struggles you've had with this file, if maybe there aren't some issues in the geometry. In particular, many modeling programs will choke on non-manifold faces. This is when one (or more) vertices of a face cross through another face. These can sometimes be tricky things to find as the vertex misplacement can be very small.

From the Selection menu, there are a couple of options that may help identify topology issues:

• Select non-planar faces: Will select faces that are twisted compared to their neighbors.
    • Select non-manifold edges: Will detect places where an edge is shared by more than 2 polygons

The first one in particular can help with identifying where one (or more) of the vertices on your face are out of alignment with the rest of the polygon.

I am a total newbie and thank you for such suggestions. I ended up making an all-new book model after the first file totally failed and cant be opened by me anymore.

At this point, I am so frustrated I want to move to blender. Ill look into your suggestion as best I can.