Reflection help

Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

Hi all. First post on here as I couldn't find anything using search. I'm fairly new to using daz studio after switching from poser, I want to add a reflection to a surface, but I only want certain parts to be reflective. In poser I was able to achieve this by using a mask in the advanced materials editor, but can't see how to accomplish this in daz, I can only seem to add a reflection map to the entire surface. Am I missing something?

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Add a map to the strength with white areas for what you want to reflect and the rest black.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Add a map to the strength with white areas for what you want to reflect and the rest black.
    ditto
  • Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

Of course! Don't know why I didn't see that! It was a much more complicated affair in poser. Daz seems so simple by comparison. Obviously then, I can get different reflection strengths by making a map with various shades of grey. Thanks guys.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

And you can do the same thing on the Ambient channel to make things like glowing patterns, text on computer screens and such.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Of course! Don’t know why I didn’t see that! It was a much more complicated affair in poser. Daz seems so simple by comparison. Obviously then, I can get different reflection strengths by making a map with various shades of grey. Thanks guys.

I think strength maps are way underused an under appreciated. I don't think peoples minds go to that (yes simple) solution first.