Saving NLA clips and dmc allocations to a character for later use in mimic

beach_barbeach_bar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi all,
I've created NLA clips for a character to use with mimic pro for carrara and assigned those clips to the dmc configuration file so I can use it with that animation. My question is, how do I save that to a character so that when I use that character again, in a different scene, I don't have to go through the process again? in other words how do I save the NLA clips and the dmc assignments to that character for use in other scenes? I have read the mimic manual and searched the forums but no luck. Am I missing something, or can this not be done?
I have seen several mentions of this but no one explaining how to do it.
Thanks in advance.
Walter

Comments

• edited December 1969

You need a scene with the character and the NLA clips assigned in Mimic and nothing else. Save the scene. Then, when you want to use the character with Mimic, you can either open that scene to start from and save it under a new name, or you can import that scene into an existing scene. That should work. However, there is no way to save a .dmc file in the Mimic for Carrrara plugin. Only the standalone Mimic Pro can save .dmc files although Daz Studio and Carrara can both use the .dmc files Mimic generates.

I hope that helps!

• beach_barbeach_bar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks dal6,
    I guess that is the best way to handle it. It's a shame that Mimic for Carrara will not let you save your work as a dmc especially since it seems that Mimic Pro stand alone is no longer available. Thanks again for your reply and have a great new year.