Siamese (conjoined) sisters for Daz Studio????? Is there any?

I’d really like to know if there’s any Siamese (conjoined) sisters models or morphs out there. There apparently USED to be but that’s not available anymore. Anyone who can point me in the direction of a morph or model for conjoined sisters I will thank with a big hug. I like thinking outside the box with my artwork 

Comments

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited August 2019

What's stopping you from overlapping two actors to get the effect? It is far simpler and cheaper than the creation of an actor, which on top will need separate poses.

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040

I guess it depends how out of the box their artwork is devil

• Then the clothes wouldn’t look right. I’m trying to make conjoined sisters NOT abstract art

And that’s another thing, are you going to model the clothes?

you won’t find anything ready made

• You’d think of all the crazy stuff that’s been modeled you’d find at least ONE conjoined twins model! ???? 

• I LOVE when the world makes my life difficult NOT

Think you are actually doing that all by yourself cheeky

not too many people honestly would want to render conjoined twins and where they are joined etc varies considerably too, you need to learn to do postwork etc like everyone else does to do something not straight out the box.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Think you are actually doing that all by yourself cheeky

not too many people honestly would want to render conjoined twins and where they are joined etc varies considerably too, you need to learn to do postwork etc like everyone else does to do something not straight out the box.

Agreed I have a hard time imagining a PA sitting down to creation a package like this for a commercial product. i think the best bet is to pose 2 figures together and work out any seam issues later on in post.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

PA:  Makes twins joined at the hip.

Customer: I wanted them joined at the head!

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,521

You’d think of all the crazy stuff that’s been modeled you’d find at least ONE conjoined twins model! ???? 

No, not really. The less everyday a product becomes, the more niche and thus less profitable it is. Modifying a figure in order to give it a second head is a buttload of work, even before trying to consider how to get it to copy the morphs of the existing head (as conjoined twins should be identical, even if not all in fiction are - otherwise, what you have is more a chimera).

Basically, it's far harder to do than any of the other "crazy" products you've seen, and not likely to sell well (particularly, as Sevrin notes, it may not be the type of conjoining that a given customer wants). Daz does actually filter products based on their perceived saleability, so even if you had an artist for whom it was enough of a "thing" that they wanted to create it, it might well end up sold at a completely different store. (And no, I don't know which one).

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

You could try commissioning one, or offer a fee, with them being allowed to also put it up for sale; wanting exclusivity for it would put the cost up.

How badly do you want it?

Do you want to share the risk?

... Or even take on all the risk?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Then the clothes wouldn’t look right. I’m trying to make conjoined sisters NOT abstract art

Even if it was possible to create such characters as a moprh (which would be very difficult IMO), if you expect clothes to fit such an extreme morph automatically and still look right you're dreaming....

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

It wouldn't be super hard to accomplish this by compositing, and you would have far more choices of model and clothing.