Water for Hell Creek modules

Dear,

I need to add water on Hell Creek modules:

https://www.daz3d.com/hell-creek-modules

could be this reference a solution or there are another ?

https://www.daz3d.com/jw-3d-water-props-vol-2

Thanks, Xavi

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Easy, just load up any scene that has nice Iray water, one with ripples works best. then select that surface and save as a material preset. Now load up your scene with the hell creek models. create a new primitive - a plane - fairly large and with 100 or more divisions. now position it where you want in hieght with the hell creek models and apply the saved water preset from the first scene.

• xavieratorxavierator Posts: 146

Easy, just load up any scene that has nice Iray water, one with ripples works best. then select that surface and save as a material preset. Now load up your scene with the hell creek models. create a new primitive - a plane - fairly large and with 100 or more divisions. now position it where you want in hieght with the hell creek models and apply the saved water preset from the first scene.

Sorry, I'm a begginer in Daz3D.

Some sample about scene with Iray water ?

Thanks, Xavi

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited September 2019

Sorry, I'm a begginer in Daz3D.

Some sample about scene with Iray water ?

Thanks, Xavi

Sorry, first off, create your scene with the hellcreek models. Then at the top of DS, go to CREATE - NEW PRIMITIVE - PLANE. You want to have 100 or more divisions if your water material has a normal map with it for a rough surface,

Once this plane is created, then scale it to how big you need it and then set the height where you want the water level to be. Then apply any water shader to the plane and test, adjust as needed.

If your hell creek models are apart and have space between them, then you might want to create another plane with a darker color as a base for under them in case you can see thru the water shader you selected.

Here is a quick example. This scene took about 5 minutes to set up and 5 minutes to render. The water shader is from the Stonemason Fern lake scene. I just loaded up that scene and selected the water surface and saved the water as a material preset. I am also attaching what the scene looks like before rendering so you can see the water plane. hope that helps.

hellwater.jpg
    1489 x 878 - 2M
    hellwaterscene.jpg
    1498 x 954 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • I will try your guide.

Can I use the water included in this reference?

https://www.daz3d.com/aqua-subterranea

thanks, Xavi