can i render a small part of an image to see details in bryce?

octobusoctobus Posts: 117
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

i am wondering if it´s possible to render just a small piece of an image to see how details look like?

right now i am allways rendering the full image

when i use preview render i cannot really judge the details

i think i have seen something doing it in a tutorial..

thanks for input
o.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

@mail-039 - yes, use plop render. Render a bit until you see what you want to see better, draw a rectangle around it and you can render that part only. We use this option often to correct some flaws in a day-long render.

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

Yes, as Horo says.
    If you can't draw a rectangle and render just that, make sure that Plop render is actually on.
    (see image - point 1) the little red dot needs to be there, if there's just a tiny empty square with no red dot, then click it to turn that on.
    One other point, if you click on the little spray can (point 2 on the image) you can render the exact place on the wireframe that you are interested in without having to start a render first.

PlopRender1.jpg
    749 x 591 - 44K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Note that on rare occasions the spot render will not blend into the rest of the render correctly; I have seen a fine line on the bottom or side of the spot render, but only occasionally. So if you are using that to touch up a final render, double-check before you call it done.

I have also found the spot render to be a handy way to "zoom in" on something that looks like it's rendering not as planned but I can't figure out why. I save the current camera position in one of the dots in the upper corner, then actually move the camera to zoom in on the problem area, then spot render just that tiny area, make my fixes, then click on the saved camera dot to get back to where I was, then re-run the spot render to correct that area without touching the rest of the completed render.