No photorealistic render and CPU

DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

For the first time, I test a no photorealistic render for my WIP of this month.
Normaly, I have my quad cores which works for the renders, but for the non-photorealistics renders, only one… is it normal ?

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

For me it is. Even when using "Draft" as the render setting, I am only getting one core working - so I often find it faster to use PR with meager settings than draft.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately there are a few features in Carrara that are not multi-threaded. The non-photorealistic renderer is one of them. Many of the post render effects are not, such as DOF. I also don't think the original physics engine is multi-threaded, but I could be mistaken. I don't know about Bullet.

There have been feature requests to add multi-threading to the features that lack it. I would still push for it.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I think that's mentioned on a few wish lists... I hope so. That very fact is what prevents me from using those other render options more often - or even at all.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I had thought of carrying out a small animation with non photorealistic render, but I believe that I will pass to After Effects… Thank you for your answers.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

I use a 3d to After Effects workflow as well. Curious if you had any specific effects in mind to recreate 'non-photorealistic' look in After Effects, because I'm having some problems with the non-realistic renderer in Carrara.

Thanks

edited June 2014

I use a 3d to After Effects workflow as well. Curious if you had any specific effects in mind to recreate 'non-photorealistic' look in After Effects, because I'm having some problems with the non-realistic renderer in Carrara.

Thanks

Yes, I looked at and there are interesting effects included in AE (Esthetic), but there are also excellent effects in series BCC (Art Looks).
    Here some examples:

EDIT: All of them are editable...

Estampage.jpg
    1050 x 576 - 229K
    Cartoon_Look.jpg
    1050 x 576 - 312K
    Artists_Poster.jpg
    1050 x 576 - 285K
    Charcoal_sketch.jpg
    1050 x 576 - 266K
    Original_Image.jpg
    1050 x 576 - 239K
    Post edited by DUDU on
    edited December 1969

I have After Effects CS6 - but don't have the money to purchase add ons like Boris Continuum Complete (assume that's what BCC was?)

Any effects included with AFX that's you've found useful for approximating non-realistic renderer?

edited December 1969

I have After Effects CS6 - but don't have the money to purchase add ons like Boris Continuum Complete (assume that's what BCC was?)

Any effects included with AFX that's you've found useful for approximating non-realistic renderer?

I have CS5 ant look at "Esthetic" (in french version...)

edited December 1969

Ok - guessing that must be 'Stylize' in the English version which does have some cool effects that i just looked at, though I'd still like to get the Carrara non-realistic renderer working or figured out.

Thanks