Coastal scenes and aerial scenes

nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957
edited September 2019 in Product Suggestions

Hello,

I have several boat and yacht models and one thing that I would really like is a coastal scene that shows a distant coastline (far distance or mid distance) or a coastal scene showing a city skyline. These could be prop sets or some kind of skydome or HDRI. It would be great if they are a 360 degree environment and have day and night capability. I have mocked up some cities shorelines using several different props but coastlines with cliffs, trees etc are more problematic. Different scenes that would accomodate both ocean going watercraft as well as inland watercraft would be very helpful for creating boat scenes that don't just have the boat in the middle of the ocean and could show the boats cruising along the coast or out from the shore of a large lake. They would also be helpful to provide backdrops to the ocean island scenes that are being sold that don't have a backdrop and that would help to give them a more realistic in perspective.

Another thing that would be useful are aerial scenes or HDRI that allows us to make use of the many aircraft models that are coming out and show them flying over cities, the coutryside, along the coast etc. There is one airport scene madde by 2nd World that is nice but it is a Poser set and it would be nice to hace other options as well.

nabob21

Post edited by nabob21 on

Comments

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957

Hi andreretogasser,

Thanks for the reply. I actually do have some of the products you suggested and they are great but they are not exactly what I am looking for. These work great as islands but not really as a coastline (unless you are really tight to the shore in the case of the Cave Island product). What I am looking for is something that would give the impression of land in the mid-to-far distance and that it extends for quite a distance along the horizon. Something that would in fact work as a background coast for the secluded-island product you linked to. Without something like that the island looks like it is sitting in the middle of the ocean with nothing to see in any direction. As an example, imagine a boat sailing north along the coast. If you looked northwest, west and southwest you could see the coastline, but if you looked in the opposite direction you would only see ocean. A 360  lakeshore background would be good too. That way it could look like you are out in the middle of the lake far away from shore. The Lagoon Living product has a background image that is close to what I am looking for but it gives the impression of a relatively small lake.  And I have never seen a background that has a city skyline in the distance  something like you would see if you were sailing up the coast of Florida or past New York. Having more options like these to use would be great.

nabob21

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

This may be an answer, out today (3rd):

https://www.daz3d.com/mountain-lakes-and-forests

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957

Sven, 

I looked at those products but I would prefer a 360 degree environment.

Jash147,

It looks like someone anticipated my request and it is already in my shopping cart. Now if we could get something for aerial scenes that would be great too!

nabob21