Victoria 4 in Carrara?

2»

Comments

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
    edited September 2019

I have been using Carrara for 3 years.  I don't want to gloss over your issue, but honestly, I have never had the problem that you are describing.  I've also done a lot of reading of Carrara posts from the past.  I have never seen a problem exactly the same as yours in any of those posts.

I think that folks here are stumped because the problem is so unusual.  That is why you are getting such a wide array of answers, and not because Carrara has any difficulty importing and using content.  The normal Carrara workflow is very straightforward.  In fact, Carrara has a better-than-normal ability to download and use a wide variety of content.  That is a strength, not a weakness.

All that said, I feel your pain.  The frustration must be unbelievable, as all artists want to be creating renders and not solving problems all of the time..  Most Carrara issues have very simple solutions, and a high percentage are operator error.  But finding that solution or uncovering that error can be very difficult.  I hope that you keep trying.

Is there any chance that you can post screen shots of good examples of how the problem is viewed?  For example, you say that V4 clothing sometimes shows up but either "floats" or doesn't fit.  A picture of that might help someone see a possible solution.

Hi there,

Honestly, I'm kinda over it with 4 at this point. lol Not trying to sound like a jerk. Just that frustrated with it. Especially because V5 and M5, as well as any figure I've tried *besides* V4 so far (excluding Genesis 3 and 8 since I know they're not natively supported), has worked as I'd expect them to. The only things I've had to do are what I'd expect to have to anyway... Use "fit to", select "Genesis", select the correct "made for" option if necessary, etc. It's just working. Had a little trouble figuring out how to change colors for one of the hairs, but even got that sorted out with just a little tinkering. Everything else has been working as I'd expect.

Only 4 has been giving me trouble. 

I'm glad it's worked for you and others who've said as much. That doesn't really help me, though lol. Whatever the reason, it just won't install and work properly for me. If someone lives upstate NY, near Woodstock (the town, not the concert) and wants to come help me get it working, I'll pay you in money or food, or beer (half joking). I'm pretty adept with computers, and have figured out some pretty crazy quandries.. but this one has me beaten.

Considering everything else (so far) is working as I'd expect, I'm just going to ignore 4 at this point. I was only intent on using it because I have a lot of content made for it. I guess I could use it in DAZ Studio and export/import into Carrara if I *really* want to use it that badly. 

Thanks again. 

Post edited by WsCG on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

trying an experiment.  i've never loaded v4 on my new eso dedicated pc

i'll install without running the bat file and see how she behaves.  she needs a bat girl cowl for the experiment  lol

What are a couple of the outfits giving troubles?   i got so many v4 outfits i may have it to try

well, not unexpectedly,  no bat file means no channels to load the morphs into ...

dunno how that power loader works, can it do anything in carrara,  the plot thickens

• Mystarra said:

well, not unexpectedly,  no bat file means no channels to load the morphs into ...

dunno how that power loader works, can it do anything in carrara,  the plot thickens

It runs the bat file and loads all the ticked morphs instead of you having to manually inject them, it's a DZscript

Mystarra said:

It runs the bat file and loads all the ticked morphs instead of you having to manually inject them, it's a DZscript

scripts.  Thanks.

and every morph set has one.

• Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

scripts.  Thanks.

and every morph set has one.

The main Gen4 figures do

i get some oddness sometimes when using aiko 3, her outfit is like 5 feet in front of her.

like this outfit does it

or mebbe she's scooting away from the wedgie