Bryce no longer in DIM?

WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
edited September 2019 in Bryce Discussion

Hello,

I want to reinstall Bryce via DIM, but it's not showing up in the available list. I have it checked in the Downloads filter, as well as the 32-bit flag, and I've tried refreshing the list, but it never shows up. I've tried installing it manually/directly, but then I'm unable to link it to DS, and I'd like to have that kind of "bridge" available. 

Anyone experience this and/or have an idea why it's vanished?

Thanks!

Post edited by WsCG on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited September 2019

TCY- DIM is the Daz-Studio Install Manager and cannot install Bryce or Carrara. Please look here how to go about it. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/348586/i-m-having-problems-installing-bryce-7-pro-on-windows-10

Post edited by Horo on
  • WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
    edited September 2019

That's not correct, though.

I've installed both Carrara and Bryce through DIM many times in the past. It's only this most recent time that Bryce isn't showing up in the list. Carrara still does, and I've successfully installed it already in the last day or so. Removed it and moved over to Hexagon+DS since Carrara's giving me trouble with figures I want to use, hence why it's not installed in my screencap.

Bryce is still listed as an option in the Download Filter, so it *should* still be there. It just isn't showing up for some reason. I can similarly download and use various models/figures supported in Carrara (though Victoria 4's been giving me trouble this time).

If they dropped support for Bryce in DIM, it's recent enough that they haven't removed its entry from the Downloads filter.

Thanks

DIMCapture.JPG
    930 x 575 - 81K
    DIMCapture2.JPG
    584 x 486 - 48K
    Post edited by WsCG on

TCY - sorry, I've never seen this.

edited September 2019

Horo said:

No worries. 

In any other case, I prefer to install things as stand-alone. But because of how DAZ's programs interact and bridge with each other, I feel like going through the DIM is a more convenient option.
    In this case, I can just as well use Bryce as stand-alone and bring in the heightmaps, or exported meshes.
    Thanks!

Post edited by WsCG on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    TCY said:

Horo said:

No worries. 

In any other case, I prefer to install things as stand-alone. But because of how DAZ's programs interact and bridge with each other, I feel like going through the DIM is a more convenient option.
    In this case, I can just as well use Bryce as stand-alone and bring in the heightmaps, or exported meshes.
    Thanks!

Not with Daz it isn't    DIM just cannot cope with the way Bryce needs it's content installed.

Horo said:

On second thought - I've never seen this because I never use DIM, not even for Studio content.

Horo said:
    Horo said:

On second thought - I've never seen this because I never use DIM, not even for Studio content.

That would be a very good reason! :p