Can't use morphs - slider locked

IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have noticed that with some content I have tried to use lately in C8.5 pro - the sliders are locked, if I try to change the value it just snaps right back to what it was, in most cases 0%.

This is rendering the ability to use the morphs pointless, and its totally random.

Has anyone else hit this issue, it is a really strange issue to be having

Comments

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

Your description is a little vague...

Carrara does not let you adjust the morph values on conformed clothing if they are the "superconforming" sort. This is just how it works, and is annoying.

V4 and M4 morph packages do not get properly initialized by the batch files that the installer runs: the only way to get these to work properly in Carrara is to run the appropriate PowerLoader packages in DAZ Studio. This usually hits you when you try to load a character from your browser - in this case, whole blocks of sliders will lock in step and fail to work. This is things like Aiko4, Hiro4, Freak4, Stephanie4, Reby Sky.

Some CR2 and PZ2 files do not name their morph channels correctly. This will usually hit dials that are at the Body level and control morphs in other parts of the body. Carrara 8.5 is even pickier than Carrara 8 was, and there isn't an easy answer for it: you'll just have to go set the values in each body part separately.

• SoussherpaSoussherpa Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

My David Base has the same problem. The side to side movement just has "empty Range" In the parameters setting.

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Fenric said:
    Your description is a little vague...

Carrara does not let you adjust the morph values on conformed clothing if they are the "superconforming" sort. This is just how it works, and is annoying.

V4 and M4 morph packages do not get properly initialized by the batch files that the installer runs: the only way to get these to work properly in Carrara is to run the appropriate PowerLoader packages in DAZ Studio. This usually hits you when you try to load a character from your browser - in this case, whole blocks of sliders will lock in step and fail to work. This is things like Aiko4, Hiro4, Freak4, Stephanie4, Reby Sky.

Some CR2 and PZ2 files do not name their morph channels correctly. This will usually hit dials that are at the Body level and control morphs in other parts of the body. Carrara 8.5 is even pickier than Carrara 8 was, and there isn't an easy answer for it: you'll just have to go set the values in each body part separately.

What I mean is, so you have a morph, and in the slider it is set to 0.3 - if i try to move the slider up, it will go up to lets say 0.7 - but then it snaps back to 0.3.

Atm, it is a morph for an item of clothing to fit A4, its set to 0, and when i try to move it to 1 to fit A4 it snaps right back to 0 - which is counter productive, seeing as the morph is supposed to help the item fit A4.

Guess I could try another item of clothing, but it is annoying :/

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

It's a bizarre issue... but here's (honestly - it sounds strange, but...) how to fix it:

You need to have the Powerloader files installed for this to work. These are only available for generation 4 figures because of how they load morphs, morphforms, etc., If you don't have them, go to your product library where you download M4, V4, etc., and download them. If you use DIM, and had it install everything, then you have them.

Open DAZ Studio

Load in M4

A Powerloader dialog should pop up

Select all and let powerloader run its course

Do this same thing for V4

From this point forward, the issue will disappear - except for any characters that were saved prior to doing this.

If you have special characters that you need to install to one of these fresh A4 or whatever figures, load it into Carrara

Select "model" and head to the Texture room

Grab the big, multicolored ball from the upper right and drag it into a good spot within your shaders tab of the browser. Give it a good name. Dragging that new file to your new model's multi-colored ball will apply those shaders.

Now select the actual figure (the name directly above 'model') and go to the NLA tab to the right

Select "Create Master Pose"

In the resulting dialog, select everything - but most importantly, anything that has the word "morph" in it.

Click Ok

You've just made a file in the clips tray on the bottom right of the screen.

Save this file to the clips tab of your browser. Loading this onto a new figure of the same type will activate the morph dials the same as they were set on this figure. Note that it will not INJect the morphs... so you still have to do that part. If you load the file, and something seems amiss... the information is still loaded onto the figure - so when you finally inject the missing morphs, the shape will snap into place as before.

To load the Master Pose file, load the new figure and drag the NLA Master Pose file into the clips tray from the browser.

Select the top line of the character as you did to make the file

Go to the NLA tab and select "Load data from clip" and select the file.

Done.

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Will give it a try in a bit, rendering another image atm :)

• his xhis x Posts: 866
    edited January 2014

Are conforming objects that contain M4 morphs also sometimes problematic?

Post edited by his x on