872 x 600 - 137K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

# 38 Arctic Scene

ArcticScene.jpg
    1111 x 450 - 218K
    edited January 2014

OK, we have winners, not that there are any losers as this was a great contest, with the highest yet number of entries (38), some new people joining in and a very hard job for the judging panel.

The top scores came out like this

Ist Place was #13 Orbital ''Frozen''
    2nd place was #5 Jamahoney ''Cold Heart''
    3rd place was #32 Horo ''Rime''
    Ist HM was #24 Keryna ''Karluk''
    2nd HM was #34 Mermaid010 ''Thaws''
    3rd HM was #28 chohole.

Now as it is silly to award myself a prize out of my own Money I decided that the prize should go to the next one in the list, and of course I had a dead heat at the number 7 slot, so asked himself to give his opinion, and he went for

number #12 Lord Ganthor ''Frozen 001''

Best New User was #10 Star Books ''Frozen Cave''

So please can all these people send me a PM with a note of their email address, the one you use to sign on with, so I can send these to DAZ 3D to have the prizes added to your accounts. Thanks.

OH and forgot to say Orbital you have the pleasure of naming the theme for the next Challenge, and any special additions you may want to add to the basic rules.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners.
    Great job everyone !

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    OK, we have winners, not that there are any losers as this was a great contest, with the highest yet number of entries (38), some new people joining in and a very hard job for the judging panel.

The top scores came out like this

Ist Place was #13 Orbital ''Frozen''
    2nd place was #5 Jamahoney ''Cold Heart''
    3rd place was #32 Horo ''Rime''
    Ist HM was #24 Keryna ''Karluk''
    2nd HM was #34 Mermaid010 ''Thaws''
    3rd HM was #28 chohole.

Now as it is silly to award myself a prize out of my own Money I decided that the prize should go to the next one in the list, and of course I had a dead heat at the number 7 slot, so asked himself to give his opinion, and he went for

number #12 Lord Ganthor ''Frozen 001''

Best New User was #10 Star Books ''Frozen Cave''

So please can all these people send me a PM with a note of their email address, the one you use to sign on with, so I can send these to DAZ 3D to have the prizes added to your accounts. Thanks.

was fun - till next time

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

Oh I made it, what a nice surprise, my third entry the third place, what a coincidence. There were beautiful entries and I congratulate everyone participating in this contest.

@Pam - the email address you have from me is the one I use to sign-in here.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2014

Many, many thanks to all...extremely appreciated...and congrats to the winners.

Chohle...congrats also - one word...'gracious'.

Orbital, the pressure is on for the next title...best of luck.
    Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the honor! This was a lot of fun, but I wish I hadn't gotten sidetracked with a bunch of other stuff and did at least one more. Seeing some of the other entrees has given me a bunch of ideas...alas, too late. Maybe we can do it again next year?

edited December 1969

Thanks for the honor! This was a lot of fun, but I wish I hadn't gotten sidetracked with a bunch of other stuff and did at least one more. Seeing some of the other entrees has given me a bunch of ideas...alas, too late. Maybe we can do it again next year?

Hopefully we will still be going this time next year. This was the best challenge yet as far as number of entries and participants.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Everyone.....great artwork by all...looking forward to the next one...Trish

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi folks;

Congratulations to the winners and all the artists here. This was a fun challenge and had many terrific entries. I look forward to the next challenge. Hopefully a warmer subject matter ;-) I truly can appreciate this challenge though since right now where we live, everyone is a bit frozen. Had high winds today so the wind chill factor must have been around - 20 below.

Bruce / goshtac

PS: Want to wish everyone all the best for the New Year!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners! :)

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Thanks, and well done everyone. I'll have a think today about the next theme and get back to you.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Well done everyone for entering and the winners for being worthy winners! :)

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

Hi everybody,

Congratulations to the winners: very good works indeed!
    It was fun working on this challenge and I hope Orbital will think of something just as much fun with just as many options!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners. I'm just glad I didn't have to judge, the entries were great.

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

I think for the next challenge I will call it h20. So basically water in one form or another. Whether it be open seas, tumbling waterfalls, babbling brooks, or something I've seen too much of lately.....rain. Feel free to use imports and postwork is allowed but not so that it dominates your image. Ok, Bryce away!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

@Orbital. Oh, my. That is a real challenge! I guess chohole will indicate the terms and timing for the next challenge. But we are prepared to do some water now! (we are lucky so far this autumn and winter with relatively limited water and relatively nice weather. Today the sun is shining with 6 C!)

edited January 2014

Yes I will that all set up ASAP. THanks Orbital, great theme.

BTW a reminder, I am still waiting for 2 of the winners to contact me, so I can forward the prize list to DAZ. thanks.

We have plenty of that H2O stuff here in Wales, and much of it is where it shouldn't be, so have plenty of inspirations. lol

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,169
    edited December 1969

Congrats to everyone, all the renders were awesome.

Chohole -sending you a pm now.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

WOW, I haven't been using Bryce lately. Seeing these wonderful entries has me itching to get back to it.

Congrats to the winners. :coolsmile:

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! I wasn't able to participate in this one but the content produced looks really awesome. Great work to everyone!

edited December 1969

Rashad, did you see what I did int the render thread, just for you? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32589/P735/#516580

• dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

WOW! congrats winners!
    judging would have been a real brain blaster,

I am amazed by the amount of energy this community displays, just wonderful!

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Rashad, did you see what I did int the render thread, just for you? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32589/P735/#516580

That is awesome Chohole! I had not seen that render, thanks so much for pointing my attention to it. I think it does indeed look like her. It might be a useful morph for celebrity look alike down the road. Very nice!