What I would like to see in the new interface for DAZ Studio 5

My biggest problem with DAZ Studio (and i love this app, don't get me wrong) is that, while DAZ has MANY wonderful tools, they are not always easy to use or even locate.  Keep in mind, I know how to do these things in DAZ, but having some easy-to-find-and-use buttons that do a shortcut for me would help me out a lot. :)

i would like for many of those tools to be placed in easier to find and more centralized locations. A lot of these changes would make the program much easier to use and thus to create results more quickly I would also like to suggest certain tools that would be immeasurably helpful in creation and modification of figures.

Taskbar

- Add the View tab into the taskbar menu or make all those tools available in the window for navigation.

- Make it so that when ALT is pressed and the navigation tools are used, the distance moved is multplied by x10. "Turbo" mode.

- In the menu bar, have a posing menu section, with symmetry and a zero pose button (I've already added these in  my task bar but they lack smaller icons which would help them take up less real estate on my task bar).      

-  In the Posing bar, have a Mirror button that automatically mirrors a pose.

-  Have a "Copy Pose To Other Side Recursive" this Posing Taskbar to copy the other side of a figure recursively from the point selected,       

-  In the Posing bar, have a "Zero Pose from Recursive point forward" so that if you bungled a hand pose, want to start from scratch on the hand, but want to keep the rest of the figure; select the forearm and click the button. 

- A set of "Nudge" buttons to increase all transforms not locked up by 2% and 5% and another two to decrease by the same amount.

Scene Tab

- In the Scene tab, the ability to lock rotations and transforms from the Scene Tab

- In the Scene tab, have specific visibility buttons that turn visibiltiy off on all items that match or make all those items visble turning off all hair and clothes so that only the figure show, etc. Yes, I realize this is a new product that recently came out but I love the idea and it needs to be made standard in system.

Parameters, Shaping, and Posing Tabs

-In the Parameters, Shaping, and Posing Tabs, I want a set of four buttons on each Morph dial in the middle: One to make the morph go all the way to it's lowest setting, one to zero it, and one to take it to it's max setting and one to half the value of the setting as it is at the moment. 

- The ability to minimize dials so you only see the bar for it to conserve space.

Shaping Tab

-For the Shaping dropdown menu, a place where you can store a description and tags so that all nose morphs come up at once when searched for and not just certain ones from a certain set here and certain ones from another there, etc,

- Have a link on each morph that takes you to the product in which the morph was purchased in Daz Studio under the Products menu and the name of the author.

- A set of "Nudge" buttons to increase all CURRENTLY USED morphs not locked up by 2% and 5% and another two to decrease by the same amount. Or have these on each dial bar as well.

Surfaces Tab

- Have a "Convert to Iray" button that does just that. For old school users, have the reverse "Convert to 3Delight".

- Have a "Eliminate all maps" button that ditches all maps but keeps settings as they are.

- A set of "Nudge" buttons to increase all transforms not locked up by 2% and 5% and another two to decrease by the same amount.

General

- The ability to change the center of a figure or prop and a reset button to take it back to normal.

- A morph brush - Nuff said.

Yes, yes. I know. All these things probably have been mentioned before but I wanted to start a discussion about the plausability of some of these things, garner some feedback on my suggestions, and hopefully get someone's attention who is in power to make decisions. Doubtful, true, but a man can dream.

Comments

• Just a centre pivot on selection  button would be nice

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Just a centre pivot on selection  button would be nice

Please expound. What would it allow you to do? :)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I think just making the program much more customizable including being able to change and new skins would be the safer course of action for DAZ since you are never going to design an interface and workspace layout will make everyone happy.

jestmart said:

I think just making the program much more customizable including being able to change and new skins would be the safer course of action for DAZ since you are never going to design an interface and workspace layout will make everyone happy.

if they can make it so I can add all these customizable items to my DAZ, I am game.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited September 2019
    RKane_1 said:

put the hotpoint at the center of any prop, figure group etc that is selected

without having to go into rigging and move the root bone and memorise it etc so you can easily parent, move, rotate,  subset etc stuff

like you can in other software

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    RKane_1 said:

put the hotpoint at the center of any prop, figure group etc that is selected

without having to go into rigging and move the root bone and memorise it etc so you can easily parent, move, rotate,  subset etc stuff

like you can in other software

That would indeed rock. Yiou can do that now by placing in a group but it take SO long to do.

I would also like in the Scene Tab to be able to click one button that locks all items on a hiearchy below that point and one that unlocks all lower on the hiearchy .

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

It would be nice if you could select an object, and then when you load a new object, have the option it load at the location of your selection, rather than at the centre of the scene.  That would be handy when loading in a bunch of bric-a-brac props to make a scene look more alive.

Sevrin said:

It would be nice if you could select an object, and then when you load a new object, have the option it load at the location of your selection, rather than at the centre of the scene.  That would be handy when loading in a bunch of bric-a-brac props to make a scene look more alive.

Nice one. Maybe like "Set Spawn Point" and you can set multiple, and when you add something it prompts to ask you which point you want it to spawn from like how when you make a camera it asks if you want to spawn it from the current view or normal or etc.?