Why no foot hair?

I would honestly think that with so many Tolkien movies out, someone would have made hair for feet.

I am wrong, of course but... it would be nice. I am trying to do character render for my new campaign and hairy feet are a must.

Comments

• I used Unshaven Hair for Genesis to make a reasonably Hobbit-ish sort of foot.  Don't know whether that would help with whatever Generation is your preference :-)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/750636/

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I used Unshaven Hair for Genesis to make a reasonably Hobbit-ish sort of foot.  Don't know whether that would help with whatever Generation is your preference :-)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/750636/

Did they have hair for feet in that set?

• ...and then I went back and double-checked my scene file.  Sorry, it was actually REAL Hairy for Genesis, which is apparently no longer available which is why I couldn't list it with the picture.  I remember that being brought up before, now. :-(  It's an awesome set, I don't know why it was pulled.  My apologies for leading you astray, RKane!

...and then I went back and double-checked my scene file.  Sorry, it was actually REAL Hairy for Genesis, which is apparently no longer available which is why I couldn't list it with the picture.  I remember that being brought up before, now. :-(  It's an awesome set, I don't know why it was pulled.  My apologies for leading you astray, RKane!

It's okay. I'm only crushed. I guess I'll go sit in the shower rocking back and forth in the fetal position crying...

Oh wait, nevermind. Not that big a deal. :) I amj sure someone will find a solution or maybe be inspired for a new product. :)

Hint, hint, hair people. :)

• Hey, I always whimper when I can't find something I _desperately_ need... ;-)

Besides - Canadian, old school.  We always apologize! :-D

It does seem odd, though, that there isn't something available here... I guess Daz has shares in body-waxing treatments, or something. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

If you grab an item that has dhair that covers much of the body (like Boaris or even gorilla), you could probably do the trick with a hair density map on the tops of the feet.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Since it was a request I'm allowed to post a link to an offsite product that has foothair listed as well as on/off presets for just foothair (as well as other logical hair locations on a man). It's called Oh My Body Hair! at Renderosity.

Made a hair scale/density map in Photoshop quickly for Boaris fur, tweaked a few things.

Not great, but it's a start.

FurryFeet.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 202K

Oso? Kake the product, give me some material choices and I will buy it.

Go on.

I dare ya. :)

Though I would like luxurious curls for the lady hobbits. :)

• Well-groomed foothair is a must for the discerning Hobbit. :-)

Well-groomed foothair is a must for the discerning Hobbit. :-)

Of course... I mean, those SACKVILLE Bagginses may let there curls lapse but WE ARE MADE OF STRONGER STUFF! :)

edited September 2019

Well... the new hair thingee works pretty well. :)

HobbitFeet-01.png
    800 x 800 - 640K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited September 2019

Oso? I made hair but it won't work in the Dforce window. It tells me the following error...

I even weent and added a Dforce Modifier to the object afterwards but.... no dice. What do I need to do?

Hobbit Feet Issue.jpg
    412 x 123 - 8K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on

You can’t create dforce hair, only PAs can.

One option is simply use strand hair and edit it as needed.

Another option is to use an existing dforce hair and edit the density map to only cover the top of the feet.

Oso3D said:

You can’t create dforce hair, only PAs can.

One option is simply use strand hair and edit it as needed.

Another option is to use an existing dforce hair and edit the density map to only cover the top of the feet.

So, even though they have controls to make things Dforce, you can't make the hair you make Dforce unless you are a vendor? This is just like the HD thing, again. Don't suppose you would work with me on some projects so i can become an official vendor, would ya? :)

I don’t like working with others because my schedule is crazy; I homeschool my twins and basically work like an alcoholic sneaks drinks 

Oso3D said:

I don’t like working with others because my schedule is crazy; I homeschool my twins and basically work like an alcoholic sneaks drinks 

Dern. Oh well. I have actually been working on a lot of shaders using your Oso Furry Shader for different kinds of ice, rock, clay, etc. I will try and shoot you those sometime. :)

I do encourage people to try to become PAs, though; polish a few products that seem fun. Maybe something not super ambitious but interesting.

And I think a pack of presets based on Oso Furlike that fits the MR license. Can’t say whether Daz would accept it, the market might be limited.

Thanks! :)

• I'm a little late to the party, but I would add my name to the list of people who would pay for a set of foothair for hobbits and halflings for both male and females.

Oso, I wanted to ask you to pack up whatever you did with Boaris to make foothair and sell it to me. I own both versions of Boaris but I have no idea how to do what you did to make that screenshot. But then I saw Boaris belongs to RawArt, so I figured you'd have a hard time selling it. Darn!