m4/vu uvs on g3/g8 without geografts or geoshells

would buy alt uvs sets M4 mostly to G3M

havent figured out how to load an alt material lib

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

get Blacksmith3d at Rendo and convert them yourself

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

It's not possible to use M4 textures on G3M without the geografts.

Creating alternate UVs for the G3M mesh is possible, but the number of texture maps is different between M4 and G3M so the "seams" between maps are not in the same place. This means that you need to redefine material zones with a zone boundary where you change the texture file used, as you can't use 2 different files on the same zone. The problem is that the G3M mesh doesn't have an edge loop where those boundaries would need to be, hence the need for geografts to add the required polygons.

If you don't want to use the geografts you'll have to convert the maps to G3M UVs as suggested.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited September 2019

thanks.

no one in the universe has an alt uvs.

I don't need a preset to load the textures, i don't mind manually loading the texture maps.

no texture seams?

i understand a chunk of the head mesh, that deep v, has to be moved to the body maps. 
    logic flow chart gets fuzzy after that.

Post edited by Mistara on

i think, start my baking it all one big happy mesh again. start from there

i actually do have the blacksmith  but i didn't buy the texture converters.  i dont understand how it works.

I have Tc2, which actually re writes the texture maps.  bummer with that method has to trans every single m4, m3 texture.

looks like the blacksmith software doesn't create uvs, it converts the individual texture maps, like TC2 did.

• Yes it does the same thing as Blender texture baking and projection, Zbrush Zprojection and Ultimate Unwrap 3D repaint to name a few.

Map Transfer in DAZ studio is basically the same thing too but it relies on matching vertices being available for both meshes