Starting from Scratch

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

What's the actual process if I'm starting from scratch and want to install everything via Download and install manager on a 1TB D: drive which I've pointed my MyDocuments folder to?

Also, would it make sense to install the DAZ program itself to my small (120GB) but fast SSD drive (which still has 50GB of space after Windows 7Pro was installed on it?)

Do I download DAZ first and then the Install Manager? Or will the Install manager do everything including DAZ Studio 4.6Pro (and C8.5 Pro)?

Haven't looked into this stuff much over the last year so a bit rusty . . .

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Gotta warn you, it's a babble session... but it might help.
    My DIM 101 video wasn't really edited - so it's an hour of me babbling about it. As it explains, I started fresh and installed everything, even the software, using DIM. But I also tried to show how to create separate, new runtime directories with DIM and how to set up your software directories and such.
    It might help.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Personally I would not install it to your SSD drive as DIM when installing all the Carrara content is going to install into the Carrara program directory and it can be quiet large depending on what you have purchased. I recently started over from scratch with 8.5 with DIM. Other then DAZ needing to fix a couple of install locations (non-Carrara products) It has gone very well. While it might load faster overall to install it all to the SSD, the content isn't going to take that long to load from a HD. I mean really big saved files could be saved to SSD if you wanted a faster load on those files.