Satyr 8

Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
edited September 2019 in Product Suggestions

One of the things highest on my Daz wishlist is a Satyr character. I've been messing around with morphs and hair and whatnot and can never arrive at a decent looking Satyr. So my wish would be a Satyr with a body-to-beast gradation like Maxx Centaur with a variety of horns and body hair options. Maybe a flute and a goblet for wine. Maybe other PA's could also invent some Nymph characters from the different elements to go with it. Perhaps a baby character for Tobyn and Caryn. Oh the list is endless...

And maybe a woodland grotto for the Satyr to live with a tiny lake or pond for the water sprites to hangout  (ok, now I am asking for too much)

imageimageimage

08ca73568ae7135aa1b3862069596090.jpg
322 x 600 - 36K
68cec54df1be56cf0bb8f0aad199dfe0.jpg
564 x 866 - 58K
88711819bd8bec252cf0f71790b82af2.jpg
382 x 750 - 69K
Post edited by Fungible User on

Comments

• That would be awesome!

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,867

not saying something is in the works....but..........

• RawArt said:

*SCREECHING EXCITEDLY!!!*

• I agree, some G8 "Grover" would be a nice thing to have!

See the source image

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited September 2019
    RawArt said:

I'm not saying that what you're not saying wouldn't make every single dream of mine come true and would probably cause endless sleepless nights with excitement. But of course, I'm not saying that, and nor are you, so here we are. 

7aadeb89ab2cbf4eecd84162ff9f0357.jpg
    564 x 842 - 114K
    Post edited by Fungible User on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,867

I am still early on in the process....and i know it is one of those thing where there will never be enough options to make everyone happy, specially since there are so many interpretations of this type of character........but what I can say, is that it is much cooler than my last one ;)  https://www.daz3d.com/raw-satyros

• RawArt said:

I am still early on in the process....and i know it is one of those thing where there will never be enough options to make everyone happy, specially since there are so many interpretations of this type of character........but what I can say, is that it is much cooler than my last one ;)  https://www.daz3d.com/raw-satyros

Well I personally LOVE Satyros and was one of the first characters I ever bought when I was first introduced to Daz, so even if you made him again in 8 that would be just too awesome. I own most of your characters so the fact that you are making him makes it an extra +++. For what it's worth I even like https://www.daz3d.com/forest-fantasy-satyrn-for-genesis-3-male-s but I just yearn for hair and iray....and maybe a little morphability. I know everyone has their own ideals, but let's face it, being a fantasy character in myth and legend the satyr has had so many incarnations. I'd just be happy to own an up-to-date version of him to use in renders again.

• RawArt said:

I never have any complaints about your creatures. I'm personally looking forward to this.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    RawArt said:

I never have any complaints about your creatures. I'm personally looking forward to this.

Me too, especially with as many hair options as we have these days. :)

• I wonder if it would be possible for some enterprising PA to come up with a "Satyr kit", that would work like the centaurs. That is, the PA supplies the bottom half (goat legs), maybe a selection of horns, ear morphs, etc. and the customer uses them on her favorite G8 male. Instant satyr! I was thinking this because this is the main thing I like about the centaurs. I can use the characters I like to make the centaur I want. That said, Maxx Centaur is a magnificent beast!

Just a suggestion...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    empty said:
    RawArt said:

I'm not saying that what you're not saying wouldn't make every single dream of mine come true and would probably cause endless sleepless nights with excitement. But of course, I'm not saying that, and nor are you, so here we are. 

This is the style I remember in the Greek & Roman mythology books I was given as a boy for Christmas long ago. 

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited October 2019

Some clothes like loincloth for the upcoming RawArt's Satyr would be welcome too.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Will there be hair from waist down or mid thigh? Will there be a little billy goat tail? Will we have a horn selection? :)

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    RKane_1 said:

Will we have a horn selection? :)

Why ? There is Universal Horns for Genesis 8 Male(s)

• Renderosity, Look up Gladeling. You can simply apply the foot elements and leave off the heads. Works for both genders.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

The new Satyr looks great! I wish it had a human version as its torso looks top notch.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    Sigurd said:

The new Satyr looks great! I wish it had a human version as its torso looks top notch.

The hooves, horns and tail are all geografts, so I can only assume that you can use the human part by itself.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited November 2019

Well, that assumption turned out to be faulty. I was expecting this to be like the Reptilian 6 character, where the digitigrade legs actually replace the character's existing legs, whereas the Satyr's hooves are actually more like a really big toenail add-on. The Satyr morph reshapes the feet and calves as well as adding enormous ridges to the head to create more of an overall shape for the horns. Here are some quick renders of the Satyr with the satyr morph dialed out, and the Satyr without the geografted hooves and horns.

Satyrnogeo.png
    563 x 1001 - 453K
    satyrnosatyr.png
    563 x 1001 - 479K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Thanks for the info.